ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booked citizenship ceremony without invitation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Usmankhawaja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

NationalIty Invitation letter

Post by Usmankhawaja » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Hey, hope you all doing well. I just want to some information regarding NATIONALITY CEREMONY. I just received a letter ONE WEEK from HOMEOFFICE that my naturalisation application has been approved and shortly
You will receive a ceremony letter, I JUST WANT TO ASK THAT CAN I BOOK A CEREMONY BEFORE THE LETTER OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THAT LETTER AND THEN I CAN BOOK.

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Re: NationalIty Invitation letter

Post by spartanking_007 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:49 pm

Hey Usman,

Have you received the invitation letter for Citizenship ceremony ?

I am also in similar situation, have received the approval letter a week ago and they mentioned that I will receive the invitation letter shortly. I can see from the timelines tracker, everyone received these letters on the same day.

can you please update your situation.

Thanks

Usmankhawaja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Booked citizenship ceremony without invitation letter

Post by Usmankhawaja » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Hey, hope you all doing well. I just want to ask that I’ve got a approvel letter of my naturalisation 2 weeks ago but I haven’t received a invitation letter but when I called council yesterday they got my all paperwork and they booked me for Tuesday. Can I attend the ceremony without invitation letter ?

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Booked citizenship ceremony without invitation letter

Post by trilobite1981 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Usmankhawaja wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:36 pm
Hey, hope you all doing well. I just want to ask that I’ve got a approvel letter of my naturalisation 2 weeks ago but I haven’t received a invitation letter but when I called council yesterday they got my all paperwork and they booked me for Tuesday. Can I attend the ceremony without invitation letter ?
Usman, have you seen this conversation? british-citizenship/urgent-citizenship- ... 66861.html

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Post by spartanking_007 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:32 am

Hello Usman,

I had a similar situation and my council (Wokingham) have confirmed they will accept without invitation letter from HO. Approval letter from HO and invitaion letter from council and proof of ID should be fine. However, do call the council and get that confirmed by them.

I have attended my ceremony and received certificate without any issues. The thread in the above link was my post in the forum.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Usmankhawaja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Usmankhawaja » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Hey thanks for replying. On which Council did you booked your ceremony ? And a last question WGAT DOCUMENTS DID YOU GIVE THEM BEFORE CEREMONY ? Just a Approval letter ?

Usmankhawaja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Usmankhawaja » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Hey thanks for replying. On which Council did you booked your ceremony ? And a last question WGAT DOCUMENTS DID YOU GIVE THEM BEFORE CEREMONY ? Just a Approval letter ?