ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chickening out , at airport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ricky

chickening out , at airport

Post by ricky » Sun May 25, 2008 9:38 pm

:cry: guys, i am leaving next tuesday , i am an overstayer , i am leaving my fiancee , we are reaaly depressed , and my fiancee is crying all the time , in our house is like a funeral very sad , but i feel we don t have no future being an overstayer

now my flight on tuesday, i have my travel document which i collected last week , i am a bit worried , (chickening out) :cry: :cry: :cry: i don t show it to my fiancee i am putting a brave face but deep inside i am worried:
could someone please tell me what they do at the airport exactly to an overstayer ???
do i need to approach the immigration before my flight?
how long it will take them to interview?
what sort of questions they will ask?
are they going to grill me ? :cry: :cry:

please any comments will help ? i do need your support guys as i feel this is the lowest point in my life :cry: :cry: :cry:

khan85

Post by khan85 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:06 pm

aww thats sad, i no how u must be feeling, it is proper depressing my husband is also an overstayer and we still r struggling to get out if the UK im really stresses out too..

anyways i hope what ever happens is for the best good luck from me :) and i really hope u come back to the UK soon with a happy ending :)

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Re: chickening out , at airport

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Mon May 26, 2008 8:28 am

ricky wrote::cry: guys, i am leaving next tuesday , i am an overstayer , i am leaving my fiancee , we are reaaly depressed , and my fiancee is crying all the time , in our house is like a funeral very sad , but i feel we don t have no future being an overstayer

now my flight on tuesday, i have my travel document which i collected last week , i am a bit worried , (chickening out) :cry: :cry: :cry: i don t show it to my fiancee i am putting a brave face but deep inside i am worried:
could someone please tell me what they do at the airport exactly to an overstayer ???
do i need to approach the immigration before my flight?
how long it will take them to interview?
what sort of questions they will ask?
are they going to grill me ? :cry: :cry:

please any comments will help ? i do need your support guys as i feel this is the lowest point in my life :cry: :cry: :cry:

hi mate when i was in ur shoes and leaving through Heathrow with a travel certificate, i was stopped by immigration for my name to be verified on the system and my index finger was scanned and was told that they were checking if i was known to them. i was then issued a IS*** paper and asked wot visa i came in with which i told them (visit) and was told no problem ave a safe trip. on my way to boarding the plane securicor guys at the airline gate asked y i was travelling with a travel certificate, which i answered him by saying immigration has done all ths process and please dont piss me off. and he said im just doing my job and he let me board that all that happened really and i arrives in lagos, nigeria to face another music entirely(had to pay the nigerian rouge immigration officials £20 just to let me enter the country or lock me up although my certificates was not a fake one). i think i need to stop ranting now and saw good luck Ricky

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon May 26, 2008 11:22 am

Ricky,
I think Smooth Operator has given you a good indication of what is likely to happen, which is not very much.
Firstly, you don't have to go and look for Immigration on your way out. Depending on what airport you're leaving from, there may be an embarkation control, (in Heathrow Terminal 3 it was just after the Security baggage check when I went out a month ago). If there isn't, that's it, just get on your flight and go.
If there is, they will ask a few questions and make the same checks as they did with Smooth Op. They may serve you with a form IS151A notifying you of your offence of overstaying. The process should not take so long that you miss your flight.
You're leaving voluntarily, and so if you subsequently apply for a visa to come back, you can not be refused simply because you were an overstayer. You might expect the Visa Officer to make more thorough checks on your application to assure himself of your motives, but if you have a good case it has to be considered on its merits.
As you are leaving voluntarily between 17th March and 1st October you will not be automatically refused a visa under the "ban" imposed by the new Para320 7(b) of the Immigration Rules.
Now is a good time to go, if you want to have a hope of coming back

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: chickening out , at airport

Post by tasha75 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:32 pm

SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:i answered him by saying immigration has done all ths process and please dont piss me off.
:lol: :lol:
Do not live your life in fear.

Spark
- thin ice -

Post by Spark » Mon May 26, 2008 11:27 pm

They would have every right to 'piss him off', he violated UK law.
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 am

Spark wrote:They would have every right to 'piss him off', he violated UK law.
They wouldn't really have been within their rights — they're private security people, not government employees. They ought to treat all passengers with courtesy, in fact (though, it must be added, asking the question reported above is not discourteous per se).
Last edited by Christophe on Tue May 27, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Tue May 27, 2008 5:36 am

Spark wrote:They would have every right to 'piss him off', he violated UK law.
He was more pissed in his country by giving a bribe of £20 or locked up. :cry:
Knowledge is Power

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Tue May 27, 2008 11:56 am

lol lol lol lol lol

1) securicor guy had no right to question me why i was travelling with a travel certificate

2) yes i was more pissed of in nigeria about the £20.00 in fact u guys can have a look at this lnk to see what others think about the issue if u have time what make it worse is that some of check in staff there there aske u for money too or deny u flying and they say go to the british embassy and get a confirmation that this visa is real and originally issues to u(this happened on my way back and at this point i lost the plot and shouted at them calling them names my reat grand mother even went on her knees to beg them to be sensible but she was told to go away and i was asked for $1000.00. i asked if there was any british consulate staff at the airport and they said no that there is nothing they can do but anyway i did not pay them a penny and still got on the flight but when i reported the issue too the british consulate and that i would put pressure on there services in terms of people they had to attend to and possibly delaying time for people who needed urgent appointment for a visa. i was told sorry not our business ) :-
http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-133644.0.html

3) Ricky the check on you should be more than 5 mins and please be honest it pays to do so.

hope it helps

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Ricky,
a friend of mine was in a similar situation. He left England (Heathrow Airport) with an Emergency Passport (He had lost his passport with the unvalid visa). They checked the passport und and the Ticket, had the same name on it, fine. that's it. No questions, nothing. It's your decicion to leave the country, so they wil not hold you back. My friend is happily married and back to the UK with an EEA Family Permit. Don't put your heads down, keep going. Good luck.

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Thu May 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi, my partner had a smiliar situation.
He was an overstayer and went back to albania in june last year. At the airport (gatwick) he got asked about which visa he came here on, took his finger print and issued him with a IS... (Cant remember the name, sorrry) Then he got on the flight and got issued a uk visa 8 weeks later and came home.
Im sure u will be ok,
xxx