ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) granted. Can we switch to FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gmh77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (FP) granted. Can we switch to FLR (M)

Post by Gmh77 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Good evening.

My other half was granted FLR (FP) 10 year route under the D-LTRP.1.2 route due to making an asylum claim under a false name when he first arrived in the UK.

Our solicitor has said now he has regularised his stay we can switch over to the FLR (M) 5 year route.

I meet the financial requirements via PIP due to disability. We have a 21 month old son together too.

From what I can gather from trawling through the internet, due to the deception the 10 year route is our only option to ILR.

Can anyone please advise me as I don't want to apply for the extension with the wrong form.

Also, if we can switch to FLR (M) can we do this at any time or must we wait until 28 days before the BRP expires?

Thank you.

Gmh77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (FP) granted. Can we switch to FLR (M)

Post by Gmh77 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:11 pm

I forgot to say his leave was granted as a Partner.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:48 pm

If he meets the requirements under D-LTRP.1.1., then he may switch to FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Gmh77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gmh77 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:04 am

vinny wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:48 pm
If he meets the requirements under D-LTRP.1.1., then he may switch to FLR(M).
Thank you, Vinny. Very appreciative of the information. I've read through D-LTRP1.1. which refers me to R-LTRP1.1. and subsequently S-LTR. The only issue I can see is that of the false asylum claim which is why we are on the 10 year route currently. Will this not be an issue on moving to FLR (M)?

On the FLR (M) form it says not to use the form if your current leave is under FLR (FP). It is confusing me.

Alexa1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alexa1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:03 am

Any updates on this? Seems like we maybe on the same boat.