ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents PR - Surinder Singh - 5 years continuous residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nemo
Newly Registered

Parents PR - Surinder Singh - 5 years continuous residence

Post by nemo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi All,
Many thanks in advance,
I am in the process of completing EEA (PR) application for my parents PR on the basis of Surinder Singh (10 months in Ireland) and they continuous stay in UK for 5 years.
Brief background : Parents got EEA Permit Sept 2013 - moved to UK Oct 2013 and Residence Card in Feb 2014.
They have stayed with me since Oct 2013.

Question: For Section 5 of the EEA(PR) form "Evidence of residence in the UK " the guidance notes suggest "One for every qualifying or required 12 month period"

Small issue in proving their continuous residence in UK (for past 5 years). Does the guidance state that we have to submit One bank statement for each year ie 1 bank statement for any month between Oct 2013 - Sept 2014, then One statement for Oct 2014 - Sept 2015 and so forth...
OR
does the guidance note imply they require 12 statement (one for each month) for every year since Oct 2013 ie 60 statements all together?

Also do the statements need to have any transactions on them? Some long period of the statements doesn't have any transaction.

The issue we have is that because my parents live with us and we pay for all the mortgage and home bills. They have not worked in UK, and have hardly ever operated their bank statements , doesn't have any utility bills in their names either.
We do have some NHS letters some covering various eye appointment to cover eye operation etc.. but doesn't cover other durations.
So the question above becomes imperative - do we have to submit One statement per year or for every month covering 60 months.

I imagine we can also mix and match ie some bank statements , some NHS letters, dentist letter etc.. provided they are covering part of the 5 year duration ?
I hope the stamp on passport should have sufficed - but clearly not it seems.

Any other suggestion to prove residence? All suggestion greatly received.
regards

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Parents PR - Surinder Singh - 5 years continuous residence

Post by NikiGio » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

nemo wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:13 pm
Small issue in proving their continuous residence in UK (for past 5 years). Does the guidance state that we have to submit One bank statement for each year ie 1 bank statement for any month between Oct 2013 - Sept 2014, then One statement for Oct 2014 - Sept 2015 and so forth...
OR
does the guidance note imply they require 12 statement (one for each month) for every year since Oct 2013 ie 60 statements all together?
The first - one statement per year.
nemo wrote:
Also do the statements need to have any transactions on them? Some long period of the statements doesn't have any transaction.
Choose those statements which show transactions.
nemo wrote:
I imagine we can also mix and match ie some bank statements , some NHS letters, dentist letter etc.. provided they are covering part of the 5 year duration ?

Yes, include all those - although one bank stayement per year is sufficient, including one second piece of different type of evidence per year is a good idea.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.