ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused UK Student Visa twice- won first appeal. Need help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infouk
Newly Registered

Refused UK Student Visa twice- won first appeal. Need help

Post by infouk » Mon May 26, 2008 7:08 am

Hi, I applied for student visa first time in X college and was rejected. I appealed against it.
As the appeal process was too long I reapplied in another Y college and again refused. I again appealed against it.
Now I won the first appeal for X college in AIT 2 weeks ago. My question is:-

1. How long will it take for my visa to be issued?

2. Do I have to submit any documents again?

3. I have got refund from both college. Does ECO ask for Uncoditional offer letter again?

4. Do I will have to go for the first X college for which I had won appeal or can I also chose the second Y college?

5. Can I change to a new college?

Please help me. I need to know the answers asap for further action.
Last edited by infouk on Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue May 27, 2008 4:48 pm

This extract from the FAQ section of the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal website answers some of your questions:

"The Visa Section has received a copy of the decision but is yet to issue my entry clearance. What happens now?
When the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) receives a copy of the decision, they will link it to your file and take one of the following actions:

They will contact you regarding the issue of your entry clearance. The visa section will aim to contact you as soon as possible but this can take up to 4 weeks.

When the Immigration Judge has allowed an appeal the ECO will confirm whether you still wish to travel, the category of entry clearance required and whether there has been any change of circumstances. This may require another brief interview and the need to see further documents. The entry clearance should then be issued unless there has been a significant and material change of circumstances since the refusal decision, or a material deception has come to light of which the Immigration Judge would be unaware."

I would suspect that as you have made a second application the ECO will want to talk to you to ascertain which college you now propose to attend, and whether you still have the means to pay for the course and your support and accommodation.

Nowty

Post by Nowty » Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 pm

Once you are here in the UK as a student, you can also change your course or college as long as the new course still meets the immigration requirements. It must be:
* min 15 hours per week daytime study.
* studying towards a recognised qualification.
* studying at a recognised institution.
* register change with the police if applicable (not required for Nepal)

You need to advise the Home Office of this change in writing to:
Student Task Force, Whitgift Centre, Block B, 3rd Floor West, Croydon CR9 1AT

arshadh141
BANNED

Re: Refused UK Student Visa twice- won first appeal. Need he

Post by arshadh141 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:36 am

Hi
Same case was with my cousin..I believe Home Office will ask for uncondition letter again.I would advise you give them college letter in which you win appeal..If you first college letter date is not expired then they will not ask for letter again..but pretty chacnes are they will ask for letter..
Thanks

infouk
Newly Registered

what if

Post by infouk » Fri May 30, 2008 4:39 pm

The course I applied first time was Graduate Diploma, Course Duration: 12 months in X college.

When I reapplied second time in Y college then the course was MBA, Course Duration:18months.

As the second course is of higher level but i won d first appeal for lower level course. What happens now?

Does the ECO takes into account both my refused application or he decide only on the basis of first application and appeal?