ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alan34
India

First adult British passport

Post by Alan34 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:08 am

Hi,
Can anyone please help me with my current situation asap

When applied for first adult British passport, on the application form asking to send the current passport. As this is my first adult British passport, I selected 'No' option when asked for details of current passport.

But received a letter from HO saying need to send the current or foreign passport or else application will be pended.

But I need to surrender my foreign or current passport in Indian passport office.

What should I do in this situation?
If anyone received a letter like please help me out asap
Thanks in advance

Ffmuni
Germany

Re: First adult British passport

Post by Ffmuni » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:42 am

Form AN (RevNov2018) is clear and states

Evidence of identity
If you were issued with a Biometric Residence Permit, you must provide/use it in support of your application, alongside:
• Your passport* or
• National identity* card or
• Home Office travel document* or
• Home Office entitlement card* or
• Home Office ARC letter* or
• Your birth certificate or
• Your photo driving licence* or
• A bank, building society or credit card statement issued to you within the last 6
months
* if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application.

I take it you made a postal application and the Passport/Travel Document must be submitted with your application, if your application is rejected under the current regime you will, as I understand it, lose your fee. If you needed to keep your Indian passport you could of used the NCS.

What route for your application did you take?
Why must you surrender your Indian passport to the Indian authorities? What is the conflict?

Ffmuni
Germany

Post by Ffmuni » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 am

The form I referred (page 13) to is

“Guide AN
Naturalisation as a British citizen –
A guide for applicants
To be read in conjunction with Booklet AN”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _2018_.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 am

Alan34 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:08 am
Hi,
Can anyone please help me with my current situation asap

When applied for first adult British passport, on the application form asking to send the current passport. As this is my first adult British passport, I selected 'No' option when asked for details of current passport.

But received a letter from HO saying need to send the current or foreign passport or else application will be pended.

But I need to surrender my foreign or current passport in Indian passport office.

What should I do in this situation?
If anyone received a letter like please help me out asap
Thanks in advance
You are required to send your foreign passport. You will get it back!!

You have 3 months grace period to surrender your Indian passport!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.