ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

logix88
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa Refused

Post by logix88 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 am

logix88 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:16 am
Country applying from VFS India Chennai
Type of visa applied for spouse: Wife
Priority/Non-Priority: Priority
Online Application Completed: 16th September 2018
Date biometrics was taken: 19th September 2018
Documents posted to Sheffield: N/A
Documents received at Sheffield: N/A
Email confirmation of Application preparing for ECO: 9th Oct 2018
Documents returned: 22nd Oct 2018

Still waiting on the rest, sent a chase-up e-mail to UKVI a week or so ago, said it's under consideration and that we can't escalate unless it's over 12 weeks since application was made.

Sponsor / Employer contacted by UKVI (if applicable):
Decision made email from UKVI:
Decision made text & email from VFS:
Passport arrived via courier:
After 6 weeks, got a letter says entry was refused!!!

Sponsor / Employer contacted by UKVI (if applicable): N/A
Decision made email from UKVI: N/A
Visa processed SMS by VFS: 2nd Nov 2018
Passport arrived via courier: 5th Nov 2018 (collected)

We were refused based on relationship evidence... Apparently they need evidence of the phone calls that was stated as the method of keeping in touch. In reality these are Skype or WhatsApp calls and messages and so I couldn't possible have attached those. Should have sent all 120 pages of the WhatsApp messages!

This is just awful and terrible news - UKVI took 6 weeks to refuse w/o even a chance to submit those additional documents. Provided everything thing else... extremely frustrating.

We have to either appeal or make a new application. No idea how long the appeal will take - I don't know what's quicker - don't care about additional cost, just want the quickest option... any advice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement Visa Refused

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 am

Quicker to reapply. Appeals can take many months.

If you did not submit evidence if subsisting relationship and communication, then easy to fix with a new application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:13 am

logix88 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 am
logix88 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:16 am
Country applying from VFS India Chennai
Type of visa applied for spouse: Wife
Priority/Non-Priority: Priority
Online Application Completed: 16th September 2018
Date biometrics was taken: 19th September 2018
Documents posted to Sheffield: N/A
Documents received at Sheffield: N/A
Email confirmation of Application preparing for ECO: 9th Oct 2018
Documents returned: 22nd Oct 2018

Still waiting on the rest, sent a chase-up e-mail to UKVI a week or so ago, said it's under consideration and that we can't escalate unless it's over 12 weeks since application was made.

Sponsor / Employer contacted by UKVI (if applicable):
Decision made email from UKVI:
Decision made text & email from VFS:
Passport arrived via courier:
After 6 weeks, got a letter says entry was refused!!!

Sponsor / Employer contacted by UKVI (if applicable): N/A
Decision made email from UKVI: N/A
Visa processed SMS by VFS: 2nd Nov 2018
Passport arrived via courier: 5th Nov 2018 (collected)

We were refused based on relationship evidence... Apparently they need evidence of the phone calls that was stated as the method of keeping in touch. In reality these are Skype or WhatsApp calls and messages and so I couldn't possible have attached those. Should have sent all 120 pages of the WhatsApp messages!

This is just awful and terrible news - UKVI took 6 weeks to refuse w/o even a chance to submit those additional documents. Provided everything thing else... extremely frustrating.

We have to either appeal or make a new application. No idea how long the appeal will take - I don't know what's quicker - don't care about additional cost, just want the quickest option... any advice?
Can you copy paste the exact reasons of refusal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Giggy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Giggy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:35 am

Hi, with our application as we mentioned we used WhatsApp for both messaging and phone we gave samples from our chatlog (1 page every 1-2 weeks, about 50 pages!) but also wanted to show evidence of phone calls. Best way we found of showing this was I went onto WhatsApp, looked at my call log (which is almost all to my fiancée) and screen captured two screens of phone calls per month.

I'm not very technical with transferring files but the trick I figured out was to email the screen captures to myself, make a Word/Publisher document on my laptop, insert the chat log pictures onto blank pages (4 per page) and printed this out to include in my application file. Along with our chat log samples they accepted this.

Hope this is helpful, best of luck. :)

AliBro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AliBro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi, I'm also struggling with providing evidence as me and my husband correspond primarily via whats app call we hardly tex each. Also I have changed my phone early this year so my call logs only go back as far as march 2018.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

AliBro wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 pm
Hi, I'm also struggling with providing evidence as me and my husband correspond primarily via whats app call we hardly tex each. Also I have changed my phone early this year so my call logs only go back as far as march 2018.
Always select whatsapp backup on daily so that incase of change of phone no valuable data is lost.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Incy
United Kingdom

Post by Incy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:06 pm

If you use Whatsapp web, it is an app you put on your laptop/PC, just need to make sure your phone is connected to the same wifi network.. I found it easier to screenshot parts of the chat log on my phone, making sure the date is captured, then send this to the whatsapp chat. You can then use the app on your laptop/PC to copy the image into a word document.
Same with the call log, send the screenshot to your whatsapp chat and then copy the image.