ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment- British Naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xzibit1

Change of Employment- British Naturalisation

Post by Xzibit1 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello,

If one changes employer whilst his/her naturalisation application is being considered by Home Office, do you need to inform the home office of this change?

Cheers
Xzibit

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed May 28, 2008 10:40 am

No.

Xzibit1

Post by Xzibit1 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:52 am

Sakura, Thanks,
However the Naturalisation Application form asks the applicant to give details of their current employer if they are employed. That means the HO will contact your current employer, Now if you have changed employer, who will the HO contact?

Check below for a Draft Letter Annex F(ii), they send to your employer

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/

Cheers
Xzibit1

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 am

If there is no mention in the guidelines to inform them of changes as a requirement, then you don't need to. I don't know how often they contact employers, but if you wish to tell them of the change then you can do so in writing, although I haven't come across this before.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed May 28, 2008 11:52 am

Xzibit1 wrote:Sakura, Thanks,
However the Naturalisation Application form asks the applicant to give details of their current employer if they are employed. That means the HO will contact your current employer, Now if you have changed employer, who will the HO contact?

Check below for a Draft Letter Annex F(ii), they send to your employer

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/

Cheers
Xzibit1
I expect that this letter is not sent routinely; rather, it is likely to be sent in cases where, or example, the applicant does not intent to continue to reside in the UK after naturalisation but will be employed by a UK-based company.

I agree with Sakura that there is no requirement for you to notify the Home Office about your change of employment (and, indeed, being in employment isn't a requirement for naturalisation in any case).

What is the time frame of all this? Naturalisation applications are typically being decided quite quickly now; when did you apply and when do you leave your current job?

In any case, I don't suppose that it can hurt to inform them of the change, by letter. Do you know your Home Office reference number?

Xzibit1

Post by Xzibit1 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:13 pm

I will be applying for naturalsiation next month via NCS. I am thinking of changing jobs around October 08, hopefully the naturalsiation application would have been approved.

Christopher, you say naturalsiation applications are being dealt with quickly, where is that announcement, coz the home office website gives the following extract and says up to 6 months waiting times:

"In other words someone who applied in January 2008 should not expect to hear from us before the end of July 2008, though a decision may take longer depending on what enquiries are carried out"

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed May 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Xzibit1 wrote:I will be applying for naturalsiation next month via NCS. I am thinking of changing jobs around October 08, hopefully the naturalsiation application would have been approved.

Christopher, you say naturalsiation applications are being dealt with quickly, where is that announcement, coz the home office website gives the following extract and says up to 6 months waiting times:

"In other words someone who applied in January 2008 should not expect to hear from us before the end of July 2008, though a decision may take longer depending on what enquiries are carried out"
So you haven't even changed jobs....or even applied for naturalisation yet...so what is the worry? I doubt they'd care that you are planning to change jobs four months after applying for naturalisation. Your application might even be finalised before then.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed May 28, 2008 12:51 pm

Well, in that case, certainly don't mention it on your application form because that will simply cause confusion. Anecdotally, applications made via the NCS (Nationality Checking Service) are quicker, and they're certainly easier in that you don't have to send off originals of all your documents and worry about them getting lost in the post and so on. If you apply in June you might well have approval by October (nothing is guaranteed, of course when it comes to time frames). But in general it seems that the nationality people in Liverpool work in a less chaotic environment than the immigration people...