ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee visa now entering week 15

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monty1978
United Kingdom

Re: Fiancee visa now entering week 15

Post by Monty1978 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 pm

Cheers THO,

I figured the same thing re the decision logic. That being that surely, if they had any thing negative they'd just decline. So they have found nothing thus far and are looking for an excuse. However, I have no idea. My experience in life with dealing with any government agency, is that they have the most mule backward convoluted ways of doing things.

Conclusion - Applied rationality lends itself to promising outlook. In reality, that means nothing!

I guess I'll sit tight.

On another note.. That MP that wont accept emails... Only bloody wrote back saying he is chasing them up. Flabbergasted! However, never under estimate the power of a printed address label and a signature required stamp ;-)

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 am

Monty,
Do keep me posted. I'd love to hear the result, I feel it could be positive, or they will perhaps come back with a request for more information or clarification, before they can grant the visa. And yes,I have dealt with many government departments in past roles, and it was the most frustrating thing, almost infuriating thing ever.
Be nice to your MP, as he/ she is almost the only way you can get your message to the HO. The only other way is official complaint, and that should be done if they refuse the visa.
Are there any other complications, such as previous marriages or does she have children?

Monty1978
United Kingdom

Post by Monty1978 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Will do man :-)

No, no other complications. She has clean criminal record, neither of us previously married, no kids etc.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:19 am

You are probably 1 out 100,000 applications from Philippines at that period of time; others are waiting just like you to bring their pinays here.

Just because it is taking longer than usual to process your application doesn't mean it has been refused. Just be optimistic and see what the outcome is. No point trying to guess what the reason it's taking so long.

You may think it's a straightforward application, but for UKVI it may not be, they look at things in a different way. It could be something simple as an big age difference so they are doing extra scrutiny of the relationship.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 am

Hi Monty,

Well, then as long as you two have been together long enough and have proven that, you said your income looks plenty high enough, if you own your own home or have a suitable stable place to live, I don't see any problem.

Londoner made an interesting point about age gap. Actually my fiancé (who arrives next Wednesday) is quite a bit younger than me (honestly I asked her, her age at a busy food court in Munich exhibition hall, so I thought she said a higher age than she did) and thinking about it, maybe the HO thought so too. Not that they said anything about that.

I hope your Fiance can leave more quickly than mine, she had to give 45 days notice, so we lost that out of her visa. The company she works for have been very good to her, she is very fair person too, so she would not just have up'ed sticks and left them in the lurch. They also seem keen to employ her in London, so that would be a great result.

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Edwardo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 am

Some advice I got from a friend who used to work for the Home Office was that these applications more often than not take longer than expected BUT so long as you have proven you have the money to support the visa, that the marriage (or intended marriage) is secure and that you sent all the correct paperwork, then you WILL be successful.

This turned out to be true for us but yes, it took 6 months to the exact day to get the visa.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:18 pm

It would have been very useful to have had a friend in the right position in the HO, I can tell you. The overturning of the incorrectly made decision I received took forever, when really it could have been sorted with a five minute phone call and an email. She was supposed to be here in March, and it wasn't until Sept that they actually gave her the visa.

Where was your O/H from Edwardo? Some countries seems harder to get a Fiance visa from than others.

Monty1978
United Kingdom

Post by Monty1978 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:45 pm

13 year age difference. I'm 40 she's 27. Not huge, shouldn't be a problem.
Been together 3 years which is also verified so no issue there either.

I swear I could kill the silly cow for that 1 week trip to Dubai she wanted to go on. Probably gonna miss Christmas as a result....

Monty1978
United Kingdom

Post by Monty1978 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:52 pm

THO wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 am
Hi Monty,

Well, then as long as you two have been together long enough and have proven that, you said your income looks plenty high enough, if you own your own home or have a suitable stable place to live, I don't see any problem.

Londoner made an interesting point about age gap. Actually my fiancé (who arrives next Wednesday) is quite a bit younger than me (honestly I asked her, her age at a busy food court in Munich exhibition hall, so I thought she said a higher age than she did) and thinking about it, maybe the HO thought so too. Not that they said anything about that.

I hope your Fiance can leave more quickly than mine, she had to give 45 days notice, so we lost that out of her visa. The company she works for have been very good to her, she is very fair person too, so she would not just have up'ed sticks and left them in the lurch. They also seem keen to employ her in London, so that would be a great result.
Yes THO she can leave whenever she likes after December the 18th which is her sisters wedding. Her pharmacy is staying within her family so she does not have to wait for sale or commit to a leave date.

She was planning on being her much sooner so not going to the wedding but now they have taken so long about things with no end in sight, of course she is going to the wedding.. which I can't blame her for.

Brings me to my next question... you say she lost some of the visa? Are you saying VISA starts from a pre determined date? Not, when you actually arrive?

Will google...

Ta

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Monty,

That is certainly the case for the Marriage visitor visa that we went for, it's 6 months from the date of issue, and not arrival into the UK. She received her passport back with the visa in it, two days old already. You couldn't make up this stupidity up really.

We went for that one, because it was supposed to only take 3 weeks to get! And we knew she would have to return and apply for UK spouse visa from Viet, but that was OK, since we are having a ceremony for her family and I wanted it quickly as my father is not well. We hope he will still be well enough by the time we can finally marry, which he seems to be doing very well now, so we live in hope.

I believe you have gone for the Fiance visa, which might have different rules concerning start date, but I am not sure.

How did you guys meet? PM me.

Monty1978
United Kingdom

Post by Monty1978 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:21 am

Will reply soon. Working a lot ATM.

Ta

Monty1978
United Kingdom

Post by Monty1978 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 pm

THO in summary my upper, downer, all arounder days a long behind me now. I'm not a workaholic per se but I do like the buzz of physical work and the mental challenging of being in control of my own destiny. I'm a tree surgeon/ fencer/ landscaper so I get provided with many dynamic challenges as part of my day to day. I work between 40-100 hours per week averaging about 60+ so I don't have alot of time for the dating bullshit.

Soo, I went online looking for a life partner. Not someone who wants to trade up every 5 years but someone to grow old with. I also wanted someone I can learn from from a different culture. English woman are OK but we do have a bit of an epidemic of gold digging xxxxxxx and I wanted to avoid that. When we met I was broke, I had a business but I earn't very little and worked all the time, I even lived with my dad who is mentally and physically unwell so she was never after my money. On the contrary, she's a rich woman. Dad is an MP and mother has multiple businesses, as does she.

We chatted for a long time about life and what we want out of it and we had many common interests, albeit zero common tastes, especially in music, my god her taste is repugnant. My only non negotiable mandate for us to become something was that she promised to call me Godzilla in bed. She semi acquiesced and we negotiated it down to little lizard, and with that our love was born!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Monty1978 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 pm
THO in summary my upper, downer, all arounder days a long behind me now. I'm not a workaholic per se but I do like the buzz of physical work and the mental challenging of being in control of my own destiny. I'm a tree surgeon/ fencer/ landscaper so I get provided with many dynamic challenges as part of my day to day. I work between 40-100 hours per week averaging about 60+ so I don't have alot of time for the dating bullshit.

Soo, I went online looking for a life partner. Not someone who wants to trade up every 5 years but someone to grow old with. I also wanted someone I can learn from from a different culture. English woman are OK but we do have a bit of an epidemic of gold digging xxxxxxx and I wanted to avoid that. When we met I was broke, I had a business but I earn't very little and worked all the time, I even lived with my dad who is mentally and physically unwell so she was never after my money. On the contrary, she's a rich woman. Dad is an MP and mother has multiple businesses, as does she.

We chatted for a long time about life and what we want out of it and we had many common interests, albeit zero common tastes, especially in music, my god her taste is repugnant. My only non negotiable mandate for us to become something was that she promised to call me Godzilla in bed. She semi acquiesced and we negotiated it down to little lizard, and with that our love was born!
A reminder that this is a very public forum. Perhaps you should keep such relatively intimate details of your relationship private or PM the other user when you have PM function.

Also kindly refrain from posting derogatory words describing woman. There are many women who are members of the forum, British and other nationalities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Monty1978
United Kingdom

Post by Monty1978 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:32 pm
Monty1978 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 pm

A reminder that this is a very public forum. Perhaps you should keep such relatively intimate details of your relationship private or PM the other user when you have PM function.

Also kindly refrain from posting derogatory words describing woman. There are many women who are members of the forum, British and other nationalities.
The intimate details were A - not at all intimate and B - Tongue in cheek.

C - I shouldn't imagine women would mind the reference to gold digging ****** unless of course they are in fact gold digging ******.

D - Yawn....