ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive medical insurance.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muck
Newly Registered
Portugal

Comprehensive medical insurance.

Post by muck » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:40 pm

I am a Finnish citizen and my wife is a South African with an Article 10 Residency Card for Portugal where we have resided for 5 years .
We intend joining our children in the UK that have settled and married UK citizens.
My concern is the high cost of private medical insurance for the 2 of us. Is this a requirement in our case as we are retired?

muck
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: Comprehensive medical insurance.

Post by muck » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:42 pm

I am a Finnish citizen and my wife is a South African with an Article 10 Residency Card for Portugal where we have resided for 5 years .
We intend joining our children in the UK that have settled and married UK citizens.
My concern is the high cost of private medical insurance for the 2 of us. Is this a requirement in our case as we are retired?

halfpint91
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by halfpint91 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 pm

I don't know much about Finland so maybe someone from Finland should confirm, but I believe you can get an EHIC card from your national health institution, they are valid for a year at a time and are considered proof of CSI when applying for permanent residency.

muck
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by muck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Unfortunately I have never worked in Finland so I cannot get an EHIC. :(

halfpint91
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by halfpint91 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:00 pm

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/h ... dex_en.htm does this page help at all? Maybe one of these might apply to you