ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at last! !!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Success at last! !!!!

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Today my nieces husband phoned us to say that the BHC in Islamabad have finally issued him a visa after he won his appeal on 9/5/08.

It has taken a total of 9 months since he applied for settlement visa which was initially refused back in August 2007.

We successfully appealed against the 5/6 reasons they gave in the refusal notice. I did all the paperwork myself without the need of a solicitor and incurring any necessary expenses.

With advice from this board, little bit of common sense, knowledge of the law, honesty, and patience, its not a hard thing to challenge BHC refusal decisions

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Tue May 27, 2008 11:42 pm

congrats bhai...
so it was worth the wait then..

jei2
Member of Standing

Re: Success at last! !!!!

Post by jei2 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:45 pm

batleykhan wrote:

We successfully appealed against the 5/6 reasons they gave in the refusal notice. I did all the paperwork myself without the need of a solicitor and incurring any necessary expenses.
batleykhan, congrats! It's always great to hear of success stories in the UK's immigration quagmire.

One thing though. If you used the board for advice, you very likely did have the services of a few solicitors. All the best to you and your family.
Oh, the drama...!

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri May 30, 2008 4:48 pm

well done!! congrats :)