ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Born Grandmother, Mother only entitled to citizenship at time of Adoption Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aidanc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish Born Grandmother, Mother only entitled to citizenship at time of Adoption Registration

Post by aidanc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi there,

My mother was born and adopted in England. My mother was born to an Irish mother and an English father.

I have followed the FBR process with my local consulate. They rejected my application on the grounds that the adoption certificate I was able to produce was an English Adoption Authority and not an Irish Adoption Authority. I then went to the Adoption Authority of Ireland and applied for the inter-country adoption entry to be added to the register. They did so, I paid the fee, they sent me the certificate.

I then used the certificate in the application however the final application was again rejected and the reason cited was that my mother became an Irish citizen from the *date of entry* into the register, i.e. that is when I completed the process in 2013/2014. This means that my mother is a citizen and entitled to a passport but I am not as I was born prior to this date.

I really am at a loss here and don't know how to proceed further.

Any help greatly appreciated.