ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - can sponsor apply on behalf of the applicant?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Spouse visa - can sponsor apply on behalf of the applicant?

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Hey guys,

So my fiancee and I will be getting married soon and next year we'll apply for her spouse visa. I have ILR and I'm in the UK, she is Malaysian in Malaysia.

As the sponsor the bulk of the documentation required needs to come from me, payslips, bank statements, property inspection report etc. So is the normal thing to do to courier all this stuff over to the partner and let them apply on their own in their home country or is there any way for me as the sponsor to apply for her here in the UK and then somehow she gets called in for an interview/hand in passport locally in Malaysia? Or is that just not a thing at all?

Thanks all!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa - can sponsor apply on behalf of the applicant?

Post by physicskate » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:40 pm

FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm
Hey guys,

So my fiancee and I will be getting married soon and next year we'll apply for her spouse visa. I have ILR and I'm in the UK, she is Malaysian in Malaysia.

As the sponsor the bulk of the documentation required needs to come from me, payslips, bank statements, property inspection report etc. So is the normal thing to do to courier all this stuff over to the partner and let them apply on their own in their home country or is there any way for me as the sponsor to apply for her here in the UK and then somehow she gets called in for an interview/hand in passport locally in Malaysia? Or is that just not a thing at all?

Thanks all!
Nope. You send her the bit that she needs from you and she applies from a country where she legally resides.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:04 am

FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm
Hey guys,

Thanks all!
Get it double confirmed from your VFS centre that whether they offer the documents scanning service to send to UKVI or the sponsor should send to UKVI Sheffield.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Thank you both :) It sounds like the normal thing to do is just courier the stuff to the partner then. I don't want to over complicate the process, just want to do what everyone else does!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 am

If she is applying form Kuala Lumpur then you are expected to post all support documents to Sheffield.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/my/en/news/ ... ement-visa

Get the applicant to send you all their docs to UK, then add all your stuff and then send the whole bundle with RoyalMail to Sheffield from within the UK.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 am

FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 pm
Thank you both :) It sounds like the normal thing to do is just courier the stuff to the partner then. I don't want to over complicate the process, just want to do what everyone else does!
Ideally the sponsor itself post the documents to sheffield in one bundle via Royal mail recorded delivery service.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

FreshFromTheGrave
Mood:
South Africa

Post by FreshFromTheGrave » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Ah ok that's more complex than I was expecting. So she applies in Kuala Lumpur with no supporting docs at all and instead sends them all to me to compile with mine and send to Sheffield after her appointment at VFS?

This page says that they scan all documents to send to the UK except for 'settlement' visas: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/my/en/vacs/ ... -documents

Does a spousal visa count as a settlement visa?

Are there any guides or documentation that clearly describe the steps for applying and sending documents?

Thank you all for your input! This is all new information for me :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:39 pm

FreshFromTheGrave wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 pm
Ah ok that's more complex than I was expecting. So she applies in Kuala Lumpur with no supporting docs at all and instead sends them all to me to compile with mine and send to Sheffield after her appointment at VFS?

This page says that they scan all documents to send to the UK except for 'settlement' visas: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/my/en/vacs/ ... -documents

Does a spousal visa count as a settlement visa?

Are there any guides or documentation that clearly describe the steps for applying and sending documents?

Thank you all for your input! This is all new information for me :)

Yes spouse visa is considered as settlement visa and you should search the board to get checklist.