ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship via double descent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GrahamStuart
Newly Registered
South Africa

British citizenship via double descent

Post by GrahamStuart » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi there

I am in the process of submitting my UKM application following the supreme court ruling.
I wanted to know if anybody has been granted citizenship based on this ruling?

A 3rd party consulting firm told me that the Home Office has not yet granted anybody citizenship on this ruling (applications not yet processed).

Thanks
Graham

balles
Somalia

Re: British citizenship via double descent

Post by balles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:44 pm

GrahamStuart wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:45 pm
Hi there

I am in the process of submitting my UKM application following the supreme court ruling.

A 3rd party consulting firm told me that the Home Office has not yet granted anybody citizenship on this ruling (applications not yet processed).

Thanks
Graham
I can confirm that applications under UKM (Romein Supreme Court ruling) have been processed by HO. The agent which I used informed me that their first case was successfully processed at the end of last month (September). Furthermore, my brother in law who is a British Overseas Citizen, and is in the process of renewing is British passport was phoned by HMPO a few weeks ago to make him aware that based on his British born maternal Grandfather he is eligible to registered as a full British citizen. If all goes accordingly to plan I should here about my application by the end of this month.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:54 pm

GrahamStuart wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:45 pm
Hi there

Thanks
Graham
They have started processing UKM applications, as i have had responses from Home Office on UKM. UKF matter relating to Johnson is still under consideration as they are awaiting the Remedial order to come into force.

Whereas Johnson involves the striking down of a statutory provision, the UKM cases involves a proper and sensible interpretation of a staturory, and for that a remedial order is not required.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

GrahamStuart
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by GrahamStuart » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 am

Thanks for the feedback balles and Obie, much appreciated

Regards
Graham

rhino57
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rhino57 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:27 am

I submitted my application for British citizenship via the February 2018 Romein decision in early July. I received my approval letter on September 20, and am currently waiting for my ceremony invitation. So yes, positive decisions are being made! Good luck!