ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my boyfriend thought has was a USC but......

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CIA
Newly Registered

my boyfriend thought has was a USC but......

Post by CIA » Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 am

he was not naturlised by his mother who is a USC.

Cut the story short mum married a USC in Philippines. Son was born in Philippines, mum became USC through marriage, stepdad (the USC) sponsored him when he was a baby to come to U.S

Since he's been there which was when he was 2 years old he is now 25 years old, mum has not bothered to naturlised him!!!stedad is in the military based in Japan.

He wants to marry me non-usc

This is complicated right? because when it comes to him and me filing papers together they would need for him to show proof of legal status, and in my eyes he is an illegal alien, the only paper he has is his philippine birth certificate!!!!!!

mum is going to japan for 6 months in end of august, even if she or he files now it will take almost a year, so what is the point in him and me getting married!!!!!!!

im so pissed right now

anybody please help

please

JAJ
Australia

Re: my boyfriend thought has was a USC but......

Post by JAJ » Wed May 28, 2008 4:20 am

CIA wrote:he was not naturlised by his mother who is a USC.

Cut the story short mum married a USC in Philippines. Son was born in Philippines, mum became USC through marriage, stepdad (the USC) sponsored him when he was a baby to come to U.S

Since he's been there which was when he was 2 years old he is now 25 years old, mum has not bothered to naturlised him!!!stedad is in the military based in Japan.

He wants to marry me non-usc

This is complicated right? because when it comes to him and me filing papers together they would need for him to show proof of legal status, and in my eyes he is an illegal alien, the only paper he has is his philippine birth certificate!!!!!!

If he was sponsored to live in the United States, then did he not arrive on an immigrant visa?

If so he would at least be a permanent resident and if aged under 18 on 27 February 2001, he would be a U.S. citizen.

But if he has no proof of this then he needs an immigration attorney immediately - http://www.aila.com

CIA
Newly Registered

Post by CIA » Wed May 28, 2008 8:59 am

well he only knows that he was defiantely sponsored by his stepdad (USC) after he married his mother. his birthday is september 11 1983, so on feb 27 2001 that would have made him 17

so now what?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:40 pm

CIA wrote:well he only knows that he was defiantely sponsored by his stepdad (USC) after he married his mother. his birthday is september 11 1983, so on feb 27 2001 that would have made him 17

so now what?
My advice would be for him to contact the nearest US consulate or embassy and apply for a certificate of US citizenship.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu May 29, 2008 3:53 am

Marco 72 wrote:My advice would be for him to contact the nearest US consulate or embassy and apply for a certificate of US citizenship.
Or if still in the United States, approach either the USCIS for a citizenship certificate and/or apply for a U.S. passport directly (to the State Department).

Preferably both.

But he does need to see an immigration attorney first to review his immigration papers and confirm that he really did become a U.S. citizen on 27 February 2001, if not sooner than that.