ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New VCAS system, Super confusing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nice111

New VCAS system, Super confusing

Post by nice111 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:53 pm

It says:

"If you apply on or before 29 November 2018, you can choose to use the existing service and enrol your biometric information at the Post Office or a Premium Service Centre. "

Does this mean that the premium service appointment for application consideration must be on or before 29 November 2018 OR you need to book an appointment on or before 29 November 2018 and can have later premium appointment date i.e in Dec/Jan?

Any expert opinion please...

I am looking for dates in Jan 19, Do I still get an option to use old premium service if I submit online application and book Jan appointment before 29/11/2018.

I have spoken to HO few times and each time different information, one says yes you can book under the old system before 29/11 and get Jan appointments, and other says no. I believe they are completely clueless themselves.

fasssika
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Re: New VCAS system, Super confusing

Post by fasssika » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:07 pm

nice111 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:53 pm
It says:

"If you apply on or before 29 November 2018, you can choose to use the existing service and enrol your biometric information at the Post Office or a Premium Service Centre. "

Does this mean that the premium service appointment for application consideration must be on or before 29 November 2018 OR you need to book an appointment on or before 29 November 2018 and can have later premium appointment date i.e in Dec/Jan?

Any expert opinion please...

I am looking for dates in Jan 19, Do I still get an option to use old premium service if I submit online application and book Jan appointment before 29/11/2018.

I have spoken to HO few times and each time different information, one says yes you can book under the old system before 29/11 and get Jan appointments, and other says no. I believe they are completely clueless themselves.
The same day appointment centres close down at the end of November so you won't find any appointments for January with the old system.

pm107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pm107 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:47 pm

I spoke to HO today and they said only if you've made the booking and payment before 2nd November 2018 would the old system apply.

From that, I infer the system will not allow you to book appointments using the old method starting 2nd November 2018.

I have a premium center appointment on 29th Nov 2018, right on the edge (The appointment itself was booked in mid-October). I've emailed the support team to find out if the old paper form still applies. Hopefully if does.

mdmm18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mdmm18 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi pm107,

What a coincidence, I also have an appointment on 29th Nov (Croydon) :D

A few other people in various topics have mentioned that they've called HO and confirmed that the form Set(O) 07-2018 can be used until 29th Nov - as the new system doesn't allow paper form applications.

pm107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pm107 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 am

I've just received an email from HO stating paper applications are valid only until 28th of November.
What? This seems contradictory to other correspondences from HO (as you've mentioned a number of other people have called up HO etc.)

They mentioned I need to cancel my appointment.
Why did the system even allow an appointment to be booked on the 29th of November in the first place?