ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Astro-south
Newly Registered
Brazil

British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement help

Post by Astro-south » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the good character requirement.

I'm non-eu and moved from Spain to the UK with my EEA unmarried partner in Oct 2008. I received from the Spanish HO a residence card as family member of EEA citizen that was valid until 2013.

I stayed in the UK without applying for a UK visa until December 2010 when I was granted a 5 year RC as EEA family member( me and my partner got married in the UK in June 2009)

I applied for PR and I'm waiting now, but in the case it's granted and I apply for BC next year, will they refuse my application for failing the Good Character requirements since I didn't have a UK visa from Oct 2008 to Dec 2010?

Many thanks

Astro-south
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement help

Post by Astro-south » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 am

I forgot to mention an important factor, in 2006 in Portugal my partner and I formed a "De Facto Union" and this was what allowed me to apply for my RC as a family member (Not the fact we were unmarried couple)

Will the HO refuse my application saying I failed the Good Character requirement for not applying for a RC?

Many thanks!