ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport lost by Home Ofice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iuliia Myrgorodska
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Passport lost by Home Ofice

Post by Iuliia Myrgorodska » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:29 am

I would like to get advise on how to deal with my situation and if are there any ways I can approach the Home Office regarding the issue of my passport been lost (or held) by their service.
I have submitted my application for Tier 2 visa in 20 of August and on 15th of November I have received my BRP letter. In this letter it was mentioned that I should have received by now my decision letter and my documents back. But they never came, until now I have not received back my two passports and any other documents I have submitted.
I have approached them by the phone number given on the website but the information I was given was not helpful or even incorrect. I have been told that I have to wait for 10 working days after my BRP has arrived and if I don't receive my passport by this time I have to request documents back online. It then proven to be incorrect and there is to online service and the 10 working days was not applicable in my case.
I have tried to reach out to them, but couldn't fine a way to make them listen or proceed my request.

Could anyone advice on the service I can contact and how I can deal with this situation?
Can Home Office be held responsible for any losses I have to take because of their incompetence and lost of my passports?

razfar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Passport lost by Home Ofice

Post by razfar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:12 am

I am in a similar situation and its more then 15 working days
They did send back my bank statements and other documents but not the passports.
Would really appreciate if someone can please guide and help as I have plans for travelling in December and now in a very tricky situation.