ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - First application to extend correspondence documents (Fiancee route)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

FLR(M) - First application to extend correspondence documents (Fiancee route)

Post by Liverpool48 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 am

Hi all,

My fiancé application non priority for my Russian fiancé took over 26 weeks. I lost count of the number of times I called, emailed and wrote with my MP doing likewise. Fortunately the visa was granted, but the cost incurred during the elongated process to still see my fiancé means I’ll be paying off debt for a considerable time. No reasons were given for the delay.

So we marry 20th Nov and intend to submit the online application ASAP from this date. However I am still trying to verify whether having already gone the fiancé visa route what further checks need to be completed. I Assume evidence of English language isn’t required having already been part of the fiancé visa application. What about previous divorce papers? I am hoping all that is needed is updated proof of employment, earnings and living arrangements?

TanJL
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - First application to extend correspondence documents (Fiancee route)

Post by TanJL » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:27 am

The FLR(M) needs to be treated as a completely separate application.
They won't have access to the evidence you provided for your fiance application so you still need to prove that you meet all the requirements including the English language requirement.
Some of the evidence you provided for the fiance visa may be able to be re used. Absolutely include your divorce certificates again.
For the fiance to FLR(M) route the application form will still ask you for 2 years worth of official correspondence to prove you've been living together but that is not necessary when you are switching from fiance to FLR(M), just provide any official correspondence you have for proof of living together.
The form is generic for many different situations, so just be aware of that when filling it in as it sometimes won't feel that it applies directly to your situation.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - First application to extend correspondence documents (Fiancee route)

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Liverpool48 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 am
Hi all,

My fiancé application non priority for my Russian fiancé took over 26 weeks. I lost count of the number of times I called, emailed and wrote with my MP doing likewise. Fortunately the visa was granted, but the cost incurred during the elongated process to still see my fiancé means I’ll be paying off debt for a considerable time. No reasons were given for the delay.

So we marry 20th Nov and intend to submit the online application ASAP from this date. However I am still trying to verify whether having already gone the fiancé visa route what further checks need to be completed. I Assume evidence of English language isn’t required having already been part of the fiancé visa application. What about previous divorce papers? I am hoping all that is needed is updated proof of employment, earnings and living arrangements?
Unfortunately you will again need to pay and struggle hard for spouse visa application although a lot documents will be similar to finance visa but they need to be recent one. Its always wise to save the cost of fiancée visa by simply marrying in non-eu partner country.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.