ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Show the home office financial requirement guidance to your employer for preparing your employer letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:00 pm

I am yet to see a part of the guidance that shows employer how to calculate this. I only see parts where it says what to include in the letter for example start date etc. Can you send me a link to what you’re on about please. Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Read & show the guidance given on page 20 at point 5.1.4.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:38 pm

So I got my employment letter today but i’m not wowed by it at all. I believe maybe a lot is missing. My gross annual income surely is missing on there and I don’t know if them mention my contracted hours will make home office consider me as salaried employee instead of non salary. Below is my employment letter which more seems like a reference .

Private & Confidential
Dear Sir / Madam,
Re: *MY NAME*
25 October 2018

Thank you for your recent request for a reference for the above named. It is company policy only to provide the following employment details in response to enquiries about former employees:
Start date:18/04/2015
Leave date: Currently still employed by us
Position.Buddy(Trainer).Permanent
Salary: £8.60 per hour
Contract :Minimum 30hours per week (Full time)

Please be aware that we do not issue paper payslip. I can confirm the printed electronic payslips submitted are genuine. Head office holds limited details for weekly paid staff (our staff below management level). Staff at this level are employed as Cashiers/Grillers and we cannot confirm if they have been promoted to Supervisors or Buddy Trainers during their employment with us.
The provision of such information is given in confidence and without liability to the company or the undersigned.
If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact me on xxxxxxxx Yours sincerely,
xxxzxx
People support team Administrator
refs@(company name).co.uk
(Company address)
Registered Office: xxxxxxxLimited
Company Reg. No. xxxxxx

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 pm

I wonder if I can get my boss to write it instead of HR as that just seems too vague to me and it was emailed to me to print off so won’t be wet signature

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 am

Neeky wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:38 pm
So I got my employment letter today but i’m not wowed by it at all. I believe maybe a lot is missing. My gross annual income surely is missing on there and I don’t know if them mention my contracted hours will make home office consider me as salaried employee instead of non salary. Below is my employment letter which more seems like a reference .
Yes gross income preferably the average annual gross income should be there for the easiness of caseworker.
Neeky wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Staff at this level are employed as Cashiers/Grillers and we cannot confirm if they have been promoted to Supervisors or Buddy Trainers during their employment with us.
This bit is very strange :shock: :shock:

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:09 pm

I emailed them back and now the senior admin has responded.

“ Unfortunately, we cannot confirm your gross annual income as this will vary according to the hours you actually work as you are paid hourly. I would recommend submitting your P60s to confirm how much you have actually been paid in the years you have been employed by Xxxxxx . We also cannot confirm previous pay rates as this is not held on our system. “.

1:Please help guys. Is this something I can get my boss to do instead of HR?

2: how can I explain to the lady as the how to calculate my gross annual income ?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:49 pm

1. Yes you can provided they are fully aware of your pay details and be willing to answer Home Office call should there be any

2. Yes you can but most employers wont let you. ECO can workout your gross pay anyway, thats what they get paid to do.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:40 am

Neeky wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:09 pm
I emailed them back and now the senior admin has responded.

“ Unfortunately, we cannot confirm your gross annual income as this will vary according to the hours you actually work as you are paid hourly. I would recommend submitting your P60s to confirm how much you have actually been paid in the years you have been employed by Xxxxxx . We also cannot confirm previous pay rates as this is not held on our system. “.

1:Please help guys. Is this something I can get my boss to do instead of HR?

2: how can I explain to the lady as the how to calculate my gross annual income ?
1. Any competent person in any department (payroll/HR/recruitment etc) can issue such employment letter.
2. Taking the total of your last 6 months then divide by 6 then multiplying by 12

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:16 pm

My husband had two days of training. December 6 th and the 7th. Therefore employment letter said he joined the company December 6th. However his contract says emoloyment began the 9th. Will this be an issue or I am the one not understanding that there should be a difference ?

Also. His employment letter is dated October 30th. What date is the latest I can apply where this is still ‘valid’? Thank you. I appreciate all the response for my previous questions. Means a lot

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 pm

You are overthinking. These will not matter - it's common for contract etc to be dated and also be signed at different times.

Mostly all ECO will care about is he is currently employed, and has been for at least 6 months, and earning at least £18,600 per annum.

I know someone whose contract was signed 6 months after he joined.

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 pm
You are overthinking. These will not matter - it's common for contract etc to be dated and also be signed at different times.

Mostly all ECO will care about is he is currently employed, and has been for at least 6 months, and earning at least £18,600 per annum.

I know someone whose contract was signed 6 months after he joined.

Thank you . can you help me with the 28day rule please. I will be applying by post and husbands employment letter is dated October 30th . Is it 28 days including the date I post it ? Or is it 28days before posting date. Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Cannot be older than 28 days (around 27 Nov). It is counted from the date of application. Send it asap to be on safe side.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:35 am

Neeky wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:16 pm
My husband had two days of training. December 6 th and the 7th. Therefore employment letter said he joined the company December 6th. However his contract says emoloyment began the 9th. Will this be an issue or I am the one not understanding that there should be a difference ?

Also. His employment letter is dated October 30th. What date is the latest I can apply where this is still ‘valid’? Thank you. I appreciate all the response for my previous questions. Means a lot
Don't send employment contract if you are sending employment letter, bank statements and payslips.

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:38 pm

My solicitor asked for it. Any particular reason why not? Is it because of different dates as I’ve mentioned above?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Neeky wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:38 pm
My solicitor asked for it. Any particular reason why not? Is it because of different dates as I’ve mentioned above?
Not because of that. If you are supplying payslips, bank statements and employment letter than totally there is no need of employment contracts & P60

Neeky
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Neeky » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Has anyone ever sent an employment letter that doesn’t mention when they started getting the salary relied upon and the results were still successful ?