ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa C as reckonable residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Visa C as reckonable residence

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello everyone :oops:

I am applying for Irish citizenship and have a query about Visa C. I entered Ireland 5 years ago as Accompany EU citizen Spouse on Type C visa. Upon arrival Immigration officer told us I have 90 days to register with GNIB. Within 30 days EU spouse found a job and we applied for EU1 application and subsequently got stamp 4.

My question is upon first entry, I was given 90 days to register with GNIB. Does this time count towards reckonable residence? There is a stamp on my passport which says "Accompany EU spouse" and validity 90 days, on a page adjacent to C visa.

Anyone in similar boat?? :?:

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Visa C as reckonable residence

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 pm

I am applying for Irish citizenship and have a query about Visa C. I entered Ireland 5 years ago as Accompany EU citizen Spouse on Type C visa. Upon arrival Immigration officer told us I have 90 days to register with GNIB. Within 30 days EU spouse found a job and we applied for EU1 application and subsequently got stamp 4.

My question is upon first entry, I was given 90 days to register with GNIB. Does this time count towards reckonable residence? There is a stamp on my passport which says "Accompany EU spouse" and validity 90 days, on a page adjacent to C visa.

Stamp C is a choice in the Stamp type drop-down of the Naturalisation Residency Calculator so I guess it will count otherwise it wouldn't be there.

It says also "enter your oldest stamp below (including any partial period)" so I assume they are referring with "partial period" to Stamp C & D, enter all the stamps you had/have in your passport and the calculator should tell you if the residence requirements are met or not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 pm

Thank you Max for getting back!

When I picked stamp C on online residency calculator, it did count towards reckonable period. But I am not sure if I got the stamp C on arrival. So story is I landed in Ireland on stamp C short term visa. And then upon the discretion of immigration officer at Dublin airport, he let me in the country for 90 days. Is that counted as stamp C? :?: The stamp on passport just say validity to remain in the state 90 days (date of entry and date of expiry is written by hand)
max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm
masterboy123 wrote:

Stamp C is a choice in the Stamp type drop-down of the Naturalisation Residency Calculator so I guess it will count otherwise it wouldn't be there.

It says also "enter your oldest stamp below (including any partial period)" so I assume they are referring with "partial period" to Stamp C & D, enter all the stamps you had/have in your passport and the calculator should tell you if the residence requirements are met or not.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 pm
Thank you Max for getting back!

When I picked stamp C on online residency calculator, it did count towards reckonable period. But I am not sure if I got the stamp C on arrival. So story is I landed in Ireland on stamp C short term visa. And then upon the discretion of immigration officer at Dublin airport, he let me in the country for 90 days. Is that counted as stamp C? :?: The stamp on passport just say validity to remain in the state 90 days (date of entry and date of expiry is written by hand)
max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm
masterboy123 wrote:

There is no Stamp C, I think INIS is using Stamp C in the Naturalisation Residency Calculator to avoid confusion but they are referring to visa C.

You entered on a C visa and because your intention was to join you EU spouse the officer gave you 90 days to apply for Stamp 4 EU FAM. I personally would consider that as reckonable residence in Ireland but I don't know if INIS will see it that way, if you want to avoid any issues wait a few more weeks and apply from the date you were issued the temporary Stamp 4 EU FAM or 5 years Stamp 4 EU FAM whatever was the case back then.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:04 pm

That's what I am thinking to wait until the period I received temp Stamp4EuFAM.

Do you know if there is any email ID/phone available to contact them and clarify this issue?

In the interim, I have applied for EU3 application.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:56 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Do you know if there is any email ID/phone available to contact them and clarify this issue?

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/contact-citizenship

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:54 am

Many thanks. I will email them
max307 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:56 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:04 pm

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/contact-citizenship