ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General migrant and dependant visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

myaotka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General migrant and dependant visa extension

Post by myaotka » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Good day!

My tier 2 general migrant visa would expire on January 2019 including my husband’s dependant visa. My employer is currently in the process of getting a cos for me. But as I have read on this forum, even if me and my husband apply together with my cos he still needs to show documents regarding maintenance of funds or savings for 90 days. we have the amount saved up now but it has only been for 1 month. any suggestions what we can do? my husband has been working since coming here. Cant we submit his coe and payslips instead showing that he can support himself?
Hope you can help. Many thanks! 😊

Bapurao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General migrant and dependant visa extension

Post by Bapurao » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 pm

as per my understanding main applicant needs to keep all maintenance fund. dependent needs to submit either in separate or all together applications, along with dependent passport, BRP card only. it will take 2-3 months. I suggest please submit all applications together in one go. this will be faster approval for dependents.

in my case my BRP will expire in Jan 2019, but my company has submitted my extension and now asked me to not to submit my dependent application. i need to wait for my new BRP and then needs to apply for my wife and son.

myaotka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General migrant and dependant visa extension

Post by myaotka » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:58 pm

thanks for the reply!

we plan to apply together this month. how much did you show for your maintenance funds? do i still need to send bank statements when my employer stated on my cos that they will maintain me and my dependant?
will be very grateful for the help. this things make me anxious.