ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa from India

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 am

Send it where they expect to receive it, which you have already been advised the PO BOX.

Vulcan house address is the actual building and sending it there may delay it slightly as they expect to receive it at the sorting PO BOXES. You would have received the address to send it when you submitted your application / bio-metrics.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

kaydee2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kaydee2016 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 am

Hello All,

Just to share my experience at VFS Delhi, India. I am in India due to festivals season & used this opportunity to file my wife's visa application at VFS, Delhi.

I had accompanied my wife to VFS with all the original documents, just in case VFS asks. I took my British Passport as well. First at VFS they allowed only my wife to VFS, however my wife requested security if I can be allowed. She made a request & said my husband has his British passport, which security can check. Then I was allowed inside VFS with my wife.
We went to first counter at VFS & guy gave 2 forms to fill & asked to go to another area inside VFS. We were given token no which was called in next 2-3 minutes. Me and my wife went to the counter. VFS executive asked whether we'll send all documents to sheffied, which I said yes. Then he took only online application form & wife's passport. He informed only passport will be taken by VFS & application will be returned to us after biometrics.
Wife was called for biometrics in next 2 minutes & done in another couple of minutes. So all done in 15 minutes.
I asked the VFS guy how much time I have to send the supporting documents to Sheffield. He asked another person to know, 3 days, which I challenged. Then they checked again to tell 7 days, which I challenged again. Then they checked again, to tell it is 20 days.
We were given a paper informing where to send the documents. This is PO Box. address as we know in this forum. But the language of this paper is confusing, as it says , " for priority Visa follow below. When we read the mentioned text, it says, there are 20 days available to submit for standard visa applications.
I am assuming it is 20 days, from the Biometrics date.
We were given another paper where they attached the barcode. I asked what to do with this paper. I was informed this will be sent with the supporting documents.

Kaydee

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:35 am

kaydee2016 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 am

I asked the VFS guy how much time I have to send the supporting documents to Sheffield. He asked another person to know, 3 days, which I challenged. Then they checked again to tell 7 days, which I challenged again. Then they checked again, to tell it is 20 days.
We were given a paper informing where to send the documents. This is PO Box. address as we know in this forum. But the language of this paper is confusing, as it says , " for priority Visa follow below. When we read the mentioned text, it says, there are 20 days available to submit for standard visa applications.
I am assuming it is 20 days, from the Biometrics date.
We were given another paper where they attached the barcode. I asked what to do with this paper. I was informed this will be sent with the supporting documents.

Kaydee
I bet you that if you ask again then they will give you another deadline to send documents after biometrics. Just send asap
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm

This is why people should follow what UKVI guidance and not from anyone else. These VAC / VFS staff have no connection with UKVI, they are just there to take biometrics.

kaydee2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kaydee2016 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Hello Board members,

I received a call from Sheffield (01140801356) today. I picked the call but immediately disconnected. I called back, but says number is invalid. I am currently in Italy, however my UK mobile works as it works in UK.

I am not sure, but I think it might be from Home Office, as I am the sponsor of my wife's spouse visa application.

Appreciate if learned people can advise what can I do? Is there an email address where I can write in this regard.

Opinions welcome

Kaydee

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Post by ukvisa123 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm

HO might call from a private number. I am not 100% sure. Have you tried googling the number. My husband applied in India but the call is from local embassy and we verified the number on the deputy high commission's website.

kaydee2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kaydee2016 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:00 pm

ukvisa123 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm
HO might call from a private number. I am not 100% sure. Have you tried googling the number. My husband applied in India but the call is from local embassy and we verified the number on the deputy high commission's website.
Thanks UKvisa for your reply. I did google it, but doesn't give a clue at all. Also there is no number listed for UK Home Office in Sheffield. I don't have an email address to contact HO.
Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:40 am

If it was indeed them, they will try again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:49 pm

kaydee2016 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:00 pm
ukvisa123 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm
Thanks UKvisa for your reply. I did google it, but doesn't give a clue at all. Also there is no number listed for UK Home Office in Sheffield. I don't have an email address to contact HO.
Thanks
A lot of times uk private numbers doesn't connect when calling abroad and many times uk numbers get changed into another numbers when received its call at abroad
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kaydee2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kaydee2016 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Hello Seagul,

Thanks. Yes you are right.
When abroad, home country code (+44 for UK) gets added to the number. So i was seeing as +44441140801356 when I received the call, which got cut immediately when pick up, however when I called back I used +441140801356, however it was found invalid number.
Is there any email address I can use to write to HO?
thanks in advance
Kaydee