ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk naturalization -Good character-Parking fines and cigarette butt FPN and CPN-

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

carlosperitus
Newly Registered
Spain

Uk naturalization -Good character-Parking fines and cigarette butt FPN and CPN-

Post by carlosperitus » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:52 am

Dear all,
I would like to ask your opinion and eventually advice for this situation.
I am applying for the naturalization, using the form AN online.

I have read the requirements to disclose every FPN and CPN such as:

Conviction and other penalties

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?

A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example, disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalties
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non-payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

Each Penalty requires a date of penalty to be entered.

Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:

• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• you received 3 or more fixed penalty notices at any level
• in the past 3 years you received 2 or more fixed penalty notices, at least one of which, was at the upper levels (fine of £200 or more)

[/color]

My current situation is the following one:
A. from 02-Sep-13- 30-Mar-15 i have received 10 fines for parking only in one location where i was living
( main reasons A part 2 of them, the other fines were raised when my car was not parked properly, around the roads/streets close to my Company’s offices. The free parking bays were very limited, the metered parking always busy even in the morning so very often I had to park the car in not authorised spaces and then going out around 11.00 am or during lunch break to move the car in the Authorized Spaces. Company’s reserved parking wasn’t available for roles like mine .
Our central office in Aberdeen was home to more than four companies, with a lot of customers/supplier visitors.)

B. i have received only one fine for traffic offences-using the phone while driving in sept-2014
(main reason: The traffic offence was raised because I was in my car on one side of the road, with the engine on and I had a call. I wasn’t driving. However, it’s still an offence in the UK.
In my country, this is not an offence, so I assumed that it was the same in the UK.)

C. from 04-May-16 to 30-Apr-18 i have received 5 fines for cigarette butt, of which only 2 are related to the last 12 months and no one was at the upper levels ( fine of £ 200 or more).

Questions:

* is it advisable to put in the Cover letter the notes above? do they have any value?
* if the fines received for parking permit despite are a lot, and being limited to one period only, can be less serious or not?
* as for the point in the past 3 years you received 2 or more fixed penalty notices, at least one of which, was at the upper levels (fine of £200 or more) the fact that I received in total 5 fines, but only 2 in the last 12 months with a value maximum of £ 75 can be less severe?

Overall questions:
* can these situations jeopardize good character evaluation?
* is it worth to apply for the naturalization with this situation?

Thank you for your time. As I am going to apply next week, I would say thank you to anyone who could answer at their earliest convenience.

Thank all you for your time and for your help.
Best regards
Carlos

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Uk naturalization -Good character-Parking fines and cigarette butt FPN and CPN-

Post by trilobite1981 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 am

Oh Carlos I don’t know what to say man!

Overall questions:
* can these situations jeopardize good character evaluation? Yes
* is it worth to apply for the naturalization with this situation? May be not

😱