ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension - Period for which bills are required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mbist

Spouse visa extension - Period for which bills are required

Post by mbist » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Hello,
Just wanted clarification on the accommodation bills required on both names for Spouse visa extension. I read somewhere that it is required for maximum of two years ?

‘six items of correspondence addressed to them and their partner at the same address as evidence that they have been living together since their last grant of leave in this category, or from the date they first started living together up to a maximum of two years’.

My qs is - why not full 2.5 years and why the first 2 years?

Thanks in advance!

mbist

Re: Spouse visa extension - Period for which bills are required

Post by mbist » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Also,
Is it safe to apply in the period of ‘28 days before applicant complete 30 months in UK’ ? As I have read that this might create shortfall in no. of days when one applies for the ILR.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Correspondence need to be spaced evenly throughout the period. You can apply 28 days before expiry of visa without any issue.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:47 am

mbist wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:32 pm

My qs is - why not full 2.5 years and why the first 2 years?

Thanks in advance!
Because HO is aware that once the applicant arrives/start living with sponsor then it takes time to create proof of address
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mbist

Post by mbist » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 pm
Correspondence need to be spaced evenly throughout the period. You can apply 28 days before expiry of visa without any issue.
Thanks, but I am questioning if one can, without any issue, apply 28 days before completing 30 months, NOT 28 days before expiry.

mbist

Post by mbist » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:57 pm

[/quote]

Because HO is aware that once the applicant arrives/start living with sponsor then it takes time to create proof of address
[/quote]

Yes, but then why first 2 year maximum and why exclude last 6 months? You would agree it is confusing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:00 pm

mbist wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 pm
Thanks, but I am questioning if one can, without any issue, apply 28 days before completing 30 months, NOT 28 days before expiry.
Yes, you can apply within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date of entry to the UK.
mbist wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Yes, but then why first 2 year maximum and why exclude last 6 months? You would agree it is confusing.
HO want to see the most RECENT 2 years cohabitation NOT the first 2 years excluding the last 6 months. It is a maximum of 2 years and must be the most recent 2 year period,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mbist

Post by mbist » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks CR001.... helpful as always...

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Edwardo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 am

One thing you will quickly notice when moving to the UK is the almost total lack of communication between government offices and very, very long service times.

For example, when I went to Asia to work my Alien Card (BRP here) AND National Insurance number was dealt with in one visit to the local office. Less than one hour of my time.

My wife has had to travel to one side of the county to get her BRP and now will have to go to the other side to apply for (not get) a NI number. This will, apparently, take up to 6 weeks to get!

Man, even getting the internet connected here took over a week, compared to 15 minutes in Asia. (I kid you not, the guy arrived on a moped within minutes of my call) Virgin Media had the audacity to expect me to thank them for fitting me in so quickly.

So yes, I think there is a little leeway on the proof of residence as the HO knows everything is so disjointed and takes time here.

On a lighter note, how Americans and many Asian people cope with such low levels of service here I cannot imagine!

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:58 am

Edwardo wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 am
One thing you will quickly notice when moving to the UK is the almost total lack of communication between government offices and very, very long service times.

For example, when I went to Asia to work my Alien Card (BRP here) AND National Insurance number was dealt with in one visit to the local office. Less than one hour of my time.

My wife has had to travel to one side of the county to get her BRP and now will have to go to the other side to apply for (not get) a NI number. This will, apparently, take up to 6 weeks to get!

Man, even getting the internet connected here took over a week, compared to 15 minutes in Asia. (I kid you not, the guy arrived on a
moped within minutes of my call) Virgin Media had the audacity to expect me to thank them for fitting me in so quickly.

So yes, I think there is a little leeway on the proof of residence as the HO knows everything is so disjointed and takes time here.

On a lighter note, how Americans and many Asian people cope with such low levels of service here I cannot imagine!
Welcome to the UKVI immigration system :) I make a CONSCIOUS effort to ensure that I have at least 3 pieces of correspondence that is sent to my home address for my husband.

It's quite simple, in joint names arrange the following:
1) Council tax - majority is online based, but ask for a paper copy which is issued once a year.
2) Electricity/Gas - same as above but arrange for paper bills every quarter (every 3 months)
3) Home Insurance/Contents insurance - annual based.

Apart from that, you have things like joint bank statements and if you have a shortfall, things like GP/NHS appointments etc would do.

It's madness as you can put all this effort in, some people get rejected due to lack of correspondence and NOW i hear they are accepting e-bills. They can never make up their mind and a piece of advice - until PR - just keep in the loop on policy changes every 6 months to ensure you have no issue.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

mbist

Spouse visa extension - Child who's not applying

Post by mbist » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:25 am

Seems one can’t apply paper form for FLRM extension within UK anymore, I filled up old version already for my wife  Never mind.

I do have few important Q’s (all relating to our child who is British and not in the application) after going through complete form. If I can get clarifications, that’ll be very helpful :

6.33 (Pg 25)Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
We do have a daughter born in UK with British passport. I take care of her financially. Does taking care of daughter comes under ‘shared financial responsibility’?
Apart from daughter we do not have any shared financial responsibilities, as the mortgage is on my name.

Section 8B (Pg 45) – Other Information
8.7 If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the UK which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below. Please include here any information you wish to be considered about the welfare or best interests of any child or children in the UK.
You should tell us as much as you can about the role you take in the child’s life. Please provide evidence that you or your partner has contact with the child on official headed paper which could be for example, from a school, nursery, health visitor, GP or Local Authority. The letters should confirm what contact you or they have with the child, for example whether you or they have attended appointments with them or is listed as an emergency contact.
Please supply as much of this official evidence as possible.
Please note that photographs and greetings cards are not considered to be evidence of a subsisting relationship between a child and parent.

Should we write a bit about our role in child’s life. She lives with us, my wife is a full time mom (no family problems).

Also, as stated in section below, I could have gathered some letters to my daughter’s name, but they need it within last 3 months. I can only think of getting a letter from GP. She doesn’t go to nursery yet. Will that suffice???

Children (Page 63)
Even if the child is British, and not included in the application, it seems we need to provide letters posted in our child’s name in the last 3 months – I can only think of getting a letter from GP. She doesn’t go to nursery yet. Will that suffice???

Stressful times 
Thanks so much!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:35 am

6.33 it's more bills / mortgage and childcare, child maintenance.

8.7 if you meet all requirements, and also unless you want to raise any human rights issues, leave it blank

GP letter is fine
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease