ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVISE - ILR OR FLRM

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kringo77
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVISE - ILR OR FLRM

Post by kringo77 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am

Good Morning Sir/Madam,

I will be really grateful if you guide me through as I have wasted few hundred pounds and cannot get same answer - every Immigration adviser is giving me different answers.

Question -

My wife and my Daughter currently 7 years old "Born Abroad not In Eu" joined me in June 2013 - when I was on Tier 2 work Permit. Visa was Tier 2 PARTNER " FROM 23-05-13 TO 29-04-2016" which was for 35 months.

I than qualified for Long residency indefinite leave to remain before their visa expires in 08-03-2016.

I than applied their FLRM which was issued by Home Office - 10-06-2016 to 13-12-2018 - for both my daughter and my wife - which is again 30 months.

My question is - do I need to apply another 30 months visa by using FLRM again before December 2018 or there is any relaxation or any rule which can be used to transfer them both on INDEFINITE LEAVE before applying another 30 months FLRM. AS THEY HAVE ALREADY SPENT 65 MONTHS ALTOGETHER which is more than 5 years?

I am BRITISH CITIZEN since october 17.

I will really appreciate your quick response.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT ADVISE - ILR OR FLRM

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am

Their clock towards ILR reset when you got long residence ILR and they got flrm. So another flrm extension is needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kringo77
Newly Registered

Post by kringo77 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm

This is so unfair isn it?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:17 am

kringo77 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm
You can say that but luckily all that period is counted towards ILR based on 10 years long residence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:32 pm

kringo77 wrote:
Unfortunately the rules are the rules, you ought to have checked before applying for settlement under long Residence, and appreciate that doing so will have an implication on your dependents.

What you may be able to do, is apply for citizenship for one child. You simply have not quicker way for your wife unfortunately.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kringo77
Newly Registered

Post by kringo77 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Obie wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:32 pm
kringo77 wrote:
Unfortunately the rules are the rules, you ought to have checked before applying for settlement under long Residence, and appreciate that doing so will have an implication on your dependents.

What you may be able to do, is apply for citizenship for one child. You simply have not quicker way for your wife unfortunately.
Mate, my two kids are already naturalised as being born here - only problem is with my daughter - are you saying I can apply for her naturalisation now? Are there any rules - she is on same category and spent same time as her Mum and already have lived more than 5 years legally in this country? Can you help me?