ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation ~ Any one applied through solicitor?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rabey
Newly Registered

Naturalisation ~ Any one applied through solicitor?

Post by rabey » Wed May 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Dear Friends,

I have got my ILR last year and now planning to apply for Naturalisation soon. I have read many posts on this web site and arrived at a conclusion the NCS (Nationality Checking Service) is the best option to send the application. But, last year during my ILR application, I have faced few hick-ups. Basically I had around six months gap between my work permits. But, with the support of the adequate paperwork and solicitor's representation, I have overcome the problem and succeeded in getting my ILR.

Now, do I need to send the application through the solicitor representation? or send it through NCS? Which will be the wise decision? I would love to hear your thoughts. Also, can you please advice me a checklist of things to send along with the application?

Any one applied through solicitor? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rabey

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu May 29, 2008 3:47 am

Most people do not use a solicitor, unless there is a special reason.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu May 29, 2008 9:17 am

No need to use a solicitor for naturalisation.
It is very much a paper exercise that relies mostly on the previous grant of ILR. IF nothing of any significance has changed since the grant of ILR you should be fine. I recommend using NCS as it does speed things through.

rabey
Newly Registered

Post by rabey » Thu May 29, 2008 10:59 am

Most people do not use a solicitor, unless there is a special reason.
Cheers JAJ. I had a problem while applying ILR last year. I have had a long gap between my work permits. Even I have observed through SAR, my work permit has been refused many times earlier before I got 3 years ago. That was very clearly mentioned in the home office record. With that experience, I have applied for my ILR through post with a solicitor.

What do you suggest now?

rabey
Newly Registered

Post by rabey » Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 am

No need to use a solicitor for naturalisation.
It is very much a paper exercise that relies mostly on the previous grant of ILR. IF nothing of any significance has changed since the grant of ILR you should be fine. I recommend using NCS as it does speed things through.
Thanks, I have had few problems with home office as I mentioned on the above post.

davidm

Post by davidm » Fri May 30, 2008 11:51 am

JAJ wrote:Most people do not use a solicitor, unless there is a special reason.
In fact my immigration lawyer told me not to waste my money on using his services for naturalisation as he will be just acting as a post office and will not be adding any value...

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri May 30, 2008 1:46 pm

davidm wrote:
JAJ wrote:Most people do not use a solicitor, unless there is a special reason.
In fact my immigration lawyer told me not to waste my money on using his services for naturalisation as he will be just acting as a post office and will not be adding any value...
That was upright of him to do and say.
Which leads me to believe that when the attorney got rabey's ILR that he probably would have mentionned whether or not you'd need help for naturalization