ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vipo

German passport

Post by vipo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:04 am

Hi
My ex was German and we have 2 kids with German passport.Could I possibly apply for German nationality? They both live here in the UK.
Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: German passport

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:15 am

It is very rare for citizenship to be acquired through either marriage or through children with that citizenship.
German citizenship by marriage wrote:German citizenship by marriage

Foreign women who married a German citizen between 1 April 1914 and 31 March 1953 automatically acquired German citizenship.

Foreign women who married a German citizen between 1 April 1953 and 31 December 1969 could have acquired German citizenship under certain conditions.

If this applies to you, please contact the German Embassy in London or the Consulate General in Edinburgh.
However, it may be possible for you to move to Germany with the children and apply as a parent under the Zambrano route of EU law. Then, having accrued the required number of years residence in Germany, you can apply for citizenship in the usual way.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vipo

Re: German passport

Post by vipo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Thanks secret Simon!