ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lead time for Tier 1 dependant application from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ankur9M
Newly Registered

Lead time for Tier 1 dependant application from India

Post by Ankur9M » Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi,

How much time does a Tier 1 dependant application from India take to be processed (Main applicant in UK, dependant in India)?

I read is some other forums about HSMP dependant applications which take around 15 days.
Is the same valid for Tier 1 dependant applications as well or do they fall under a different queue?

Would appreciate help from anyone who has successfully obtained Tier 1 dependant visa where dependant visa was filed separately from main applicant.

Regards
Ankur

Ankur9M
Newly Registered

Post by Ankur9M » Wed May 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone please help please?

Regards
Ankur

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 28, 2008 6:42 pm

A dependent visa is issued by the BHC of the country where you apply from and not processed / issued in the UK in anyway. Hence the time line will depend on the workload at the BHC in question.

I don't believe BHCs prioritize dependent applications based on the different categories (Tier 1/HSMP/WP/settlement/citizenship) so the applications get into the generic "dependent" queue. Well, only the BHC can tell you if it is any different.

Suggest you check with the local VAC or the BHC for existing time-lines.

regards

Ankur9M
Newly Registered

Post by Ankur9M » Wed May 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Thanks Sushd,

I thought since Tier 1 dependant involves verification of 3 months balance etc, it would have been checked by UK BIA.
Do people in India make these verifications. I guess if that is the case, the lead time should not be much

Regards
Ankur

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Don't think there is any verification done for this .... and the decision is based on the evidence one provides (that is why they don't hesitate to reject an application if you don't follow the guidelines to the T).

regards