ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sonirules
India

Tier 1 to ILR query

Post by sonirules » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:25 am

Dear Immigration board group,

I am currently preparing to apply for ILR in Feb 2019. I am on Maternity Leave as well. Will this affect my ILR application? I am on 6th April 2014 Transitional visa category and claiming job for 24 months period.

Additionally, do I have to submit my baby's application along with my application as I am due in Jan 2019.

Appreciate your helpful insights.

Thanks
Soni

Meesha

Re: Tier 1 to ILR query

Post by Meesha » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi,
You dont need to apply for baby now. You can register baby as British citizen once u get ur ILR.
As you are on maternity leave, do you have employee/s working for your company during this time or are u able to keep ur work going while u are off work (depends on nature of work). This could be the only concern as ideally company's activities should not come to hold with ur absence.

sonirules
India

Post by sonirules » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 am

Thanks for your reply. My busienss activity will be ongoing. I am currently on old visa regulation whichis 6th April 2014 and accordingly I have 1 employee who is working since 4 years...so ideally I will claim points for 24 months period. Is that valid?

Thanks
Soni

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:53 pm

sonirules wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 am
Thanks for your reply. My busienss activity will be ongoing. I am currently on old visa regulation whichis 6th April 2014 and accordingly I have 1 employee who is working since 4 years...so ideally I will claim points for 24 months period. Is that valid?

Thanks
Soni
You come under the transitional arrangement that is pre-April 2014. So yes you claim points with 1 employee for 24 months. Transitional arrangements end in April 2019.
Also note you need 24 months of FT employment AFTER the date of your extension granted that is the most recent current leave. You cannot use any portion of the employment from your last leave granted.
The only exception to that rule is if you were granted extension less than 1 year ago before your ILR application date, then you can claim employment in the last 1 year from date of ILR. But in your case you need 24 months employment so make sure you have that AFTER extension.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sonirules
India

Post by sonirules » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks for your response. My leave was granted on 16th Feb 2017 and my leave expires on 16th feb 2019. So I will have exact 24 months from the time my leave was granted.

That will work?

Additionally, me and my partner did start another company and had employee for 6 months as well. So maybe I can use that as well?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Soni

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:19 pm

sonirules wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm
Thanks for your response. My leave was granted on 16th Feb 2017 and my leave expires on 16th feb 2019. So I will have exact 24 months from the time my leave was granted.

That will work?

Additionally, me and my partner did start another company and had employee for 6 months as well. So maybe I can use that as well?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Soni

Yes that will work as long as you send in the RTI FPS for Feb 2019 also to claim points up until 16th Feb 2019.

Second question: I think yes as long as you were a director of that company in that period. But I am not 100% sure maybe seniors can advise better.

But you can claim points 24 months with your one employee anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sonirules
India

Post by sonirules » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am

Thanks for your email. Please anyone senior in this forum confirm that I can claim job creation joint by recruiting 1 employee for 24 months? for ILR application.

Regards
Soni

sonirules
India

Entrepreneur to ILR query

Post by sonirules » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Dear Immigration board team,

I have some queries regarding the new set(o) form and few documents that I would require for my ILR application due in a month time.

1. Do I require accountant letter for job creation? (I am under post trasition period and claiming points for 1 employee for 24 months period?

2. In the meanwhile I did start a business with my husband (a different one) do I need to mention that in my application?

3. I am due with a baby do I need to apply for my baby once it is born or just apply for citizenship of the baby once I get visa?

4. As the form is digital now, I could not find guidance note for the form. Please advise.

Regards,
Soni

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Entrepreneur to ILR query

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:58 pm

sonirules wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:38 pm
Dear Immigration board team,

I have some queries regarding the new set(o) form and few documents that I would require for my ILR application due in a month time.

1. Do I require accountant letter for job creation? (I am under post trasition period and claiming points for 1 employee for 24 months period?

Accountant letter is only required IF you joined or took over a business otherwise no. And you are PRE transitional NOT post transitional

2. In the meanwhile I did start a business with my husband (a different one) do I need to mention that in my application?

You only have to declare the business you will be claiming job creation with

3. I am due with a baby do I need to apply for my baby once it is born or just apply for citizenship of the baby once I get visa?

You can register your baby for British Citizen via MN1 after you get ILR but wait for someone else to respond to this question as if you have to do something right after the baby is born

4. As the form is digital now, I could not find guidance note for the form. Please advise.
You have to follow the same guidance as for extension:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ternal.pdf

Regards,
Soni

sonirules
India

Post by sonirules » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Thanks for your response do I send the following as well?
1. Business bank statement?
2. CT41G?
3. Corporation tax or ct600?
4. cover letter?

With the digital form not sure if I can upload other documents which will not include in their list?

Regards,
Soni

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:08 pm

I just noticed your visa is expiring on 16th Feb 2019. You will qualify for 16th Feb 2017 - 15th Feb 2019 (24 months) for job creation. Make sure you apply your visa on time before expiry as its very close.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:12 pm

sonirules wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm
Thanks for your response do I send the following as well?
1. Business bank statement?
2. CT41G?
3. Corporation tax or ct600?
4. cover letter?

With the digital form not sure if I can upload other documents which will not include in their list?

Regards,
Soni
1) Yes it is required (1 month)
2 & 3) CT41G or CT603 or CT600 to prove your company is registered for corportaion tax (I would personally send CT603 & CT600 both for myself)
4) Not required. Optional if you want to send one

You can upload all documents you want. There is no limit. But better to keep it according to guidance.

sonirules
India

ILR Application process

Post by sonirules » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Dear Team,

Under the new online application process I have few questions:

1. Date of application is the date you submit form online?

2. My last date of application is 16th feb and I am applying on that date as I have to qualify for 24 months job creation (Entrepreneur visa route). So can I submit on 16th and will that be my application date?

3. How do I send my docuemnts and cover letter?

Thanks
Soni

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application process

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 pm

2. My last date of application is 16th feb and I am applying on that date as I have to qualify for 24 months job creation (Entrepreneur visa route). So can I submit on 16th and will that be my application date?
Yes
3. How do I send my documents and cover letter?
You'll be asked to scan them when applying with UKVCAS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Application process

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:26 am

sonirules wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:12 pm
Dear Team,

Under the new online application process I have few questions:

3. How do I send my docuemnts and cover letter?

Thanks
Soni
3) Choose the “new service” before payment. Once you will pay and submit your application, that day, will be considered as date of application. After, you will be diverted to sopra website where you can create an account and system will let you upload all your scanned documents before your appointment. You will be able to book an appointment to attend UKVCAS centre for your biometrics and verification of documents also.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:27 pm

I would like to add one more thing to above. If u are not ver comfortable with scanning and uploading by urself. You can take your documents to Sopra to do it for u.

sonirules
India

Post by sonirules » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 am

Thanks everyone for your response. I would also require further assistance to understand the following:

When I did enter the entrepreneur route I did join a existing business and obviously did provide an accountant letter to prove job creation during extension. However, since then I still have the same employee so I will be claiming job creation point for 24 months 1 employee (under pre-transtion period). Do I need to provide an accountant letter this time as well?

Secondly, I did join my husband during this 2 years period as a director for a different business. That business as well I did create job worth 6 months. Can Iclaim points from that business as well?

And do I submit accountant letter to prove job creation for my second business as well?

Regards,
Soni

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:20 am

sonirules wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 am
Thanks everyone for your response. I would also require further assistance to understand the following:

When I did enter the entrepreneur route I did join a existing business and obviously did provide an accountant letter to prove job creation during extension. However, since then I still have the same employee so I will be claiming job creation point for 24 months 1 employee (under pre-transtion period). Do I need to provide an accountant letter this time as well?
yes

Secondly, I did join my husband during this 2 years period as a director for a different business. That business as well I did create job worth 6 months. Can Iclaim points from that business as well?
wait for someone else to respond to this

And do I submit accountant letter to prove job creation for my second business as well? you only have to provide evidence for the jobs you are relying on. You meet your job requirements with your 1 employee for 24 months

Regards,
Soni

sonirules
India

Post by sonirules » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks for your advise. Other Guru's please can you help with with the following query:

I did join my husband during this 2 years period as a director for a different business. That business as well I did create job worth 6 months. Can Iclaim points from that business as well?

Do I need to mention about this busienss if I am not claming any points?

Regards,
Soni