ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise on this immigration/ carte de séjour issue

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ysa- Belle
Newly Registered

Please advise on this immigration/ carte de séjour issue

Post by Ysa- Belle » Thu May 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Can somebody please advise on the following situation:
I have a friend from Bangladesh who has been married for over a year to this young man who holds a french-Bengali passport.
She arrived in France 2 months ago and has applied for the carte de séjour, which she can pick it up in a month's time.
She discovered recently that her husband is having a girlfriend (since a couple of years actually) and this situation is becoming unbearable.

Can she leave her husband and still pick up her carte de séjour or can he stop the process as soon as she leaves him? Can she also have her own carte vitale?
They have married in Bangladesh and divorce can take up to a year I think.

Thanks for any advise on the subject.

Ysa

ps/ my friend is completely genuine and left a good job to be with her husband. Now finally getting used to French life, integrating as good as she can and finding a full time job, she finds herself in this unacceptable situation...

nicole
Newly Registered

Post by nicole » Wed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

hello i really wish i could help but unfortunalty i dont have enough knowlege about that...but is there a certain aount of time you need to be married for before you can apply fro the devorse and still keep the papers she is getting as his wife?

but am also here to ask u a question i am going to marry a french national and we plan to settle in france

how did your friend go about the process...i would be eternally gretaful if you could help

i also wish your friend the best of luck with that issue...maybe he will realize that she is worth fighting for

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:50 am

Since your friend has applied for a titre-d sejour on the basis of being married to a French national ( French-Bengali passports don't exist) she can be in trouble if she leaves her husband. Worse, if she leaves her husband now, the authorities may suspect her and her husband of being a part of an immigration racket.

I would advise your friend to bear it till she gets her titre-d sejour in her hand. She could then consult a lawyer in France and file for a legal separation in France, if necessary. She will however, need a lot of help to deal with all these issues as she is a foreigner and is basically very new to the country.

What does your friend want? Would she like to stay on in France after leaving her husband? I can understand her feelings, but she will have to think out and decide what she wants to do with her life.

Good luck