ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is an ILR viginette a document certifying permenant residency?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

az121212
BANNED
United Kingdom

Is an ILR viginette a document certifying permenant residency?

Post by az121212 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Question on the application form is

"Are you either:◦An EEA national who has been issued with a document certifying permanent residence"

I am an EEA national with an EEA passport. In an old old passport I have my ILR viginette which states 'Residence Permit'. When it was issued my country was not part of the EU or EEA.

I do not have any BRP, or any other cards related to immigration.

Do I answer yes and give the number starting with UK (Not UKF as it states on the application) or no and answer yes to the later question asking if I have ever received ILR?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is an ILR viginette a document certifying permenant residency?

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:00 pm

You need to clarify: does the entry/stamp/vignette in your old passport say "indefinite leave to remain"? Can you provide the exact wording?

If it's the "ILR" then you are fine and go straight for naturalisation - say YES. Provide this as proof. If not then you will have to apply for the DCPR. BRP is irrelevant in this context - not required for EU citizens.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

az121212
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by az121212 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:00 pm
You need to clarify: does the entry/stamp/vignette in your old passport say "indefinite leave to remain"? Can you provide the exact wording?

If it's the "ILR" then you are fine and go straight for naturalisation - say YES. Provide this as proof. If not then you will have to apply for the DCPR. BRP is irrelevant in this context - not required for EU citizens.
Thanks for your reply.

It says 'Residence Permit' at the top, 'Valid Until: Indefinite', 'Type of Permit: Settlement' and 'Remarks: No Time Limit on holder's stay in the UK'.

So I can select yes and input the UKxxxxxxx number from the top right?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Yes - "indefinite" and "no time limit" is the important wording. Input the number as is.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

az121212
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by az121212 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:30 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 pm
Yes - "indefinite" and "no time limit" is the important wording. Input the number as is.
Thank you.