ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Requirement to support PBS Dependant - Partner application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Maintenance Requirement to support PBS Dependant - Partner application

Post by Lovkum » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Dear Experts

Please, Need your quick advice.

I am applying for a PBS Dependant - Partner Visa for my wife as I received my ILR recently through Tier 2 general route. Regarding her application, for showing the maintenance requirement to support her PBS dependent application, I have maintained required funds (more than £630) in my (Main applicant) account since from last 90 days as per the requirement. Here I doubted that:

1. Does the maintenance fund need to be maintained only in my dependant account or my (main applicant) statement would work for the same as I have maintained fund for herself.

2. Please also confirm, As I still continue working for my employer who sponsored Tier 2 before my ILR. Does his support letter works for the same by any chance.

Please kindly advice.

Thanks in advance

Lovkum
Main Applicant

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance Requirement to support PBS Dependant - Partner application

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:57 pm

1. Does the maintenance fund need to be maintained only in my dependant account or my (main applicant) statement would work for the same as I have maintained fund for herself.
Either account is acceptable
2. Please also confirm, As I still continue working for my employer who sponsored Tier 2 before my ILR. Does his support letter works for the same by any chance.
There is no need for a support letter. PBS dependants do not need an employer letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Post by Lovkum » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Zimba

Many thanks for your prompt response.

So, I can now proceed to submit my (Main applicant) bank statement to support her PBS Dependant application.

I will post my bank statement along with her passport and BRP once submitting her online application today.

Also, I noticed in the online application that since from today we no need to provide Passport photographs along with supporting documents isn't it..Please correct me if wrong.

Thanks again.

Lovkum

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:11 pm

She will be the main applicant but as she is your dependat, you may provide the maintenance proof.
I am not sure about the passport photo requirements, you need to double check that via the new online service website
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Post by Lovkum » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Sure, Thanks for your kind response Zimba.

It helps..

Thank you.

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Post by Lovkum » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:23 am

Dear Zimba & other experts
Thanks for your kind support.

I just had come up with two quick doubts regarding my wife PBS Dependent Partner application.
I have filled PBS Dependent - Partner application online and submitted however here I got a quick doubts after submitting the application i.e.

1. Within the application under the section ” The person you are joining or accompanying”
And for the question
“Which visa or Permission to stay has XXXXX applied for or been granted:
I have mentioned my previous visa, which is Tier 2 (General) as I currently holding my ILR

So here my doubt is, within the next question under the same section they been asked for a home of reference number of XXXXX. So here I chosen BRP and provided my previous BRP number which is my Tier 2 (General) visa. Is that correct to give Tier 2 General BRP number or do we need to provide latest ILR BRP number. Please kindly advice.

2. And secondly within the Documents Checklist under “Other Documents”:
They prompted two check boxes
a. Documents showing you had at least £630.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days.
b. Statements from a personal bank or Building society account (eg, ABC bank)

I am not very much clear what the above a&b differ in. I have actually maintained sufficient funds in cash for last 4 months in my current account. And I have obtained 90 days statement from bank with having bank stamp on each page of the statement to support my wife’s Dependent’s application.
Please advice, Does that bank statement I am providing really sufficient for maintenance requirement evidence or do we need to provide any other documents for the same.

Please kindly advise asap.

Thanks in advance.
Lovkum

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:30 am

You should be fine