ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous pink resident permit card?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Previous pink resident permit card?

Post by tony501 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:18 am

Hi All,

Hope all is well. I really need some help. Basically, me (British Citizen) and my wife got married in 2010, she obtained the Spouse visa and it was issued on a pink resident permit card. It says on card "Spouse/Partner Leave to Remain".

Then in year 2012, she obtained ILR on a new pink resident permit card.

Question 1: we now need to find a record of the previous Spouse visa (the pink card she got in 2010), which I haven't able to find at home yet. Does anyone know if Home Office would have taken it away from us when my wife applied for her ILR please? Or they wouldn't have taken it and that it's up to us to destroy/cut it??

Question 2: When Home Office first issue the Spouse visa card to my wife in 2010, would there be a letter that came with it? If so, what would such letter say please?

I would be really grateful.

Many thanks,
Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous pink resident permit card?

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 am

HO would have kept it.

What do you need it for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tony501 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:46 am

Thanks a lot!

We need it to apply for a type of ID/visa for our children in my wife's home country.

Can you think of anyway for me to get an official record of my wife previous Spouse visa, in the form of letter or so please?

Many thanks!!

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tony501 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 am

Also, when someone obtained a spouse visa (pink card), would Home Office still stamp or put something onto their original passport please? Or they wouldn't stick anything into the passport anymore? (e.g. like old visa where they stick it directly onto the passport instead of a separate pink card)

This happened while my wife had her old passport, so I can't check it very easily...

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:01 pm

If you did not retain correspondence the your only option would be a subject Access Request for a full record of what HO holds on your wife.

The stickers in the passports for visa today are issued for 30 days and then the pi k card collected when in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tony501 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks very much for your help, much appreicated!!

My wife was studying Uni in UK since 2005 and then she got Post study work 2-years visa in 2009.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we met in the UK and that we applied everything in the UK, I don't think she had the 30 days visa. I believe the only correspondence that I have would be a letter that came with the pink resident permit card? But I don't know what would be stated on such a letter? Do you think it would have full details of my wife's spouse visa please?

As for: Access Request for a full record of what HO holds on your wife, do you think it's best to contact HO directly to do this please? Or should we go for an agent etc to make things go quicker? Finally, any idea how long this process may take?

Sorry for so many questions.

Many thanks

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tony501 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated!!

My wife was studying Uni in UK since 2005 and then she got Post study work 2-years visa in 2009.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we met in the UK and that we applied everything in the UK, I don't think she had the 30 days visa. I believe the only correspondence that I have would be a letter that came with the pink resident permit card? But I don't know what would be stated on such a letter? Do you think it would have full details of my wife's spouse visa please?

As for: Access Request for a full record of what HO holds on your wife, do you think it's best to contact HO directly to do this please? Or should we go for an agent etc to make things go quicker? Finally, any idea how long this process may take?

Sorry for so many questions.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:36 pm

I was referring to present day 30 days visa.

If she applied with in the UK, HO retains the old card as it is superceded by the ILR one.

Your wife will need to do the subject Access Request.

general-uk-immigration-forum/how-to-do- ... 35376.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tony501 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Thank you so much! You're a star :D

I think I will submit a subject Access Request with HO. However, I'm now slightly confused as to go for Basic or Specific... Basically, I need to prove that when my wife was holding a Spouse visa rather than ILR at the time our child was born. If you don't mind me asking, do you reckon I should ask HO for a copy of "Specific - a particular decision letter" please? Or just "Basic - an electronic summary of your immigration history"?

Also, am I right in saying that my wife received her Spouse visa (pink card) in 2010, then she must have received a Decision Letter with it please? Would the Decision Letter confirm the exact same details written on the pink card please?

I would be really grateful.

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Yes she would have received a letter regarding spouse visa in 2010.

It would confirm approval and when to expect the card but would unlikely confirm the exact details of the card, mine certainly doesn't and I still have the letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Limited Leave to Remain?

Post by tony501 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi there,

I'm confused about the terms, if my wife had a pink residence permit card and it says: "Spouse/Partner Leave to Remain"

Does this mean this type of permit is same as "Limited Leave to Remain" please? As in it has some sort of restrictions? As compared to "Indefinite Leave to Remain"?

Many thanks,
Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Limited Leave to Remain?

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:01 am

I'm confused about the terms, if my wife had a pink residence permit card and it says: "Spouse/Partner Leave to Remain"

Does this mean this type of permit is same as "Limited Leave to Remain" please? As in it has some sort of restrictions? As compared to "Indefinite Leave to Remain"?
It means the same thing yes. There are no restrictions other than Limited Leave to Remain is temporary and ILR is not (unless living outside the UK for 2 or more years).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:02 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)