ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application now only available to complete online?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

enzss
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR Forseeable future requirement clarification

Post by enzss » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 am

Hi,

I have a premium visa appointment booked for the 23rd this month for ILR application. I see that now its a requirement that the employer should confirm that I'm still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future. I have been working for 5 years in the University and I'm in an open-ended contract but with fixed term funding ending on the 28th of February 2019. My employer says they can provide me with a letter mentioning that I'm on open ended contract and I'm required for employment until February 2019 since the funding comes to an end at that point.

My question is would this be sufficient enough for the ILR requirement? Because I have only got around 4 months for my contract to end. I want to know whether someone has encountered a similar situation recently and what has happened in that case.

Please advice. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Forseeable future requirement clarification

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:01 am

No as Feb 2019 is not 'foreseeable future'
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

enzss
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by enzss » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:26 am

But has anyone encountered a similar situation and had an application refused? I have been working for the past 5 years and in academic jobs its always on contract basis and contracts are renewed based on funding availability. Has someone had a successful/unsucessful application with a similar scenario?

pls help.

enzss
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR application now only available to complete online?

Post by enzss » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:30 am

Hi,

From the 1st Nov 2018 I see that now all ILR applications should be made online and you can book a premium appointment as part of the online application. But I had booked a premium service appointment last month for 23rd Nov, to which I need to take the paper application form and supporting documents. I'm confused now as I can't find the Set O form in the gov.uk site. Should I make an online application or how this will work?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application now only available to complete online?

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:50 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 pm
Archived paper forms.

Here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jaydeeeee
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaydeeeee » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi

Same for me. I'm having my premium appointment on 16th November Friday. I booked it last month on 5th Oct.
I thought I should be taking the paper application, but now the website say you must apply online after 1st November.

Does this mean, my paper application won't be considered next Friday ?

Should I re-schedule/cancel my appointment ?

Any help please

Cheers

jaydeeeee
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaydeeeee » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 pm

I think this link indicates paper applications can be made up until 29th Nov 2018

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ng-service

Am I right ?

bgolob
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bgolob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi,

I have the same query. I have an appointment booked for Monday morning in Croydon and I have a paper application. Do I need to also submit an online application? Have tried calling and emailing Home Office, but I'm waiting for a reply. Has anyone had any luck getting some more information?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 pm

bgolob wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:59 pm
Hi,

I have the same query. I have an appointment booked for Monday morning in Croydon and I have a paper application. Do I need to also submit an online application? Have tried calling and emailing Home Office, but I'm waiting for a reply. Has anyone had any luck getting some more information?

Thanks!
Have you read any of the posts or are you just posting without reading the comments and links first??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jen1986
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jen1986 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 pm

bgolob wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:59 pm
Hi,

Thanks!
Did you go to the appointment today?
Is your applicaiton successful with your paper application form?

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:39 am

enzss wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:26 am
But has anyone encountered a similar situation and had an application refused? I have been working for the past 5 years and in academic jobs its always on contract basis and contracts are renewed based on funding availability. Has someone had a successful/unsucessful application with a similar scenario?

pls help.

Hi, Im in a similar situation (uni researcher, and end date). Would you mind sharing whether you went for your ILR? And if so, did you recieve it?

Would appreciate it

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:38 am

I don’t think there should be any problem with your application
Bizman