ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakde23

29th april application

Post by chakde23 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi Headley,

I have also sent application on 29th april - so was i surprised this morning when i was told its yet to be assigned to caseworker....more surprising i was told entire process can take up to 50 working days ( which is 10 weeks )

Guess we both are in same boat !

Keep in touch and hope we both get good news soon !

BTW is your case WP to tier 1 ?

headley wrote:Congrats shekhar!!!!!!! All the best with your career.

Thanks for updating list Shivaa. I called the Home office few minutes ago. They said that my application is Still in the queue. They said that it was just entered into the system on May 10th.

The lady said that the good news about that is that I am half way through the process. But I don't know what to think anymore. They told me that I could wait up to 10 weeks but not definate.

I don't know what to think anymore. I am not expecting it for this week. We are only left with tomorrow and Friday.

The good point is that the lady at Home Office said that once it is appointed a case worker. It doesn't take long.

But I cant believe that my application is still in the queue waiting to be appointed to a caseworker. I sent it in from April 29, 2008. How long is that? Can all this be true? I don't know what to believe. I guess they must REALLY BE BUSY AT THE HOME OFFICE.

Hope the rest of you hear from them soon. Hope you get good news. Plesae share the good news with the rest of us and GIVE US SOME HOPE.

Thanks,
headley

birmiboy
Newly Registered

Post by birmiboy » Wed May 28, 2008 4:32 pm

I received the documents in Royal Mail Signed for.

Cheers,
Birmiboy

headley

Re: April 29

Post by headley » Wed May 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Chakde23

Thanks for your quick response. I hope we get good news soon. 50 working days are too long. Way too long. 10 weeks just seem like forever.

I wonder will this wait ever end.

BTW I am WP to Tier 1 with approval letter.

Are you WP to Tier 1 as well or Just Tier1?

keep in touch and hope it is good news soon.

thanks,
headley

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Wed May 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Was that prepaid special one?If so did you track that using ref no yesterday itself.Pleaseclarify.
Thanks !
birmiboy wrote:I received the documents in Royal Mail Signed for.

Cheers,
Birmiboy

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Chakde and Headley,
I'll be watching you guys very closely. It is really surprising ur cases are not yet assigned to CWs. I applied on 1st May. I need to travel to India in beginning of July. Initially, I was confident 8 weeks were quite good time to complete the entire process. Now I'm getting nervous if I'll get my passport back within June.

Did they tell anyone of you when ur applications are likely to be assigned to CWs?

They are saying it doesn't take much time once the application is with CW. But for many people in this forum, their applications are lying with CWs for weeks.
Last edited by kmore97 on Wed May 28, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Wed May 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Hello all,
I just wonder what happen if one has his/her Tier 1 visa rejected when current leave already expires.
I applied more than 1 month in advance, thinking that if anything went terribly wrong with my Tier 1 application, I still have time to sort things out. But because of long waiting time (10 weeks, which sounded like 2 and half month!) probably by the time decision is made, my HSMP leave already expired. Hence, is that mean I have to go home straight away and reapply Tier 1 from home?
I hope this scenario happen to no one, but I am keen to know just in case.
Thanks!
I recall someone in this forum said that rejection because of unacceptable evidence normally comes quick (e.g 2-3 weeks) . Is that true?

k_v
Newly Registered

Post by k_v » Wed May 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Can my details be included in the list of people waiting, please ?.
Called Home office today and the person said that my case is under consideration.(He said yes when asked whether its been assigned to case worker)

Applied from UK( WP to Tier 1 with valid approval letter )
Applied on: April 24
Payment on: April 28
Ref. Letter received: April 28
Decision on: :?:
Documents received on: :?:

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Wed May 28, 2008 5:22 pm

rejection comes back quickly in 2-3 weeks - doesn't hold good anymore. As maximum number of weeks are being wasted when ur application is in queue.
jessica_halida wrote:Hello all,
I just wonder what happen if one has his/her Tier 1 visa rejected when current leave already expires.
I applied more than 1 month in advance, thinking that if anything went terribly wrong with my Tier 1 application, I still have time to sort things out. But because of long waiting time (10 weeks, which sounded like 2 and half month!) probably by the time decision is made, my HSMP leave already expired. Hence, is that mean I have to go home straight away and reapply Tier 1 from home?
Thanks!
I recall someone in this forum said that rejection because of unacceptable evidence normally comes quick (e.g 2-3 weeks) . Is that true?

nauyf
Newly Registered

My application

Post by nauyf » Wed May 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi guys, I am glad to join the boosting team...

nauyf
========
Type of application : Student visa to Tier 1
Application Sent : 15/5/2008
Payment taken : 16/5/2008
Ref no dated : 19/5/2008
Ref number : PB305**
Stamped on : ?
Recevied on : ?
Days taken : ?

Wish everyone a good luck! :D

headley

Post by headley » Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I am wondering can you work part-time on Tier 1 or say maybe have 2 part-time jobs on Tier 1. A lot of jobs in my field are now advertised as part time.

I just wanted to know if Tier 1 visa migrant is allowed to work part time?

Thanks,

headley.

Still waiting for response from HO. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm

As long as you are confident of qualifying for extension (specially income), you can do any kind of work - fulltime, parttime, contractual, temporary, honorary !

No harm in doing such work to start with, in an effort to progress further in the long-term.

regards

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:35 pm

I personally think that as someone said before, HO is saying 10 weeks timeline to deter people to call them. i have noticed some people on this forum who have been calling HO day in and out even before 28 days. Can I please request everyone to refrain from calling HO before 28 days from ur payment processing.

headley

Post by headley » Wed May 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi sushdmehta

Thanks for information. I just need to get my foot in the door so I can best take advantage of opportunities as they rise. So if there is a part-time job I will go for it until I get a full time job.

Thanks for information.

headley

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi
To all those waiting for their output on application, I have noticed the trend on approvals and doesnt seem to be consistent with regards to time of application.
Some people who applied in April got their approvals before March aplicants?
What is the procedure they follow for these applications?

headley

Post by headley » Wed May 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi vipul1981

You are right. I notice that some people have their response before the March applicants. I don't know what system they use at Home Office.

It does make you wonder what is going on at that Home Office.

headley

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Another thing - people who applied on 21st Apr - they got docs back already and people applied on 28th apr not assigned a CW. Can it be possible?
headley wrote:Hi vipul1981

You are right. I notice that some people have their response before the March applicants. I don't know what system they use at Home Office.

It does make you wonder what is going on at that Home Office.

headley

headley

Post by headley » Wed May 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi kmore97,

I think they are lying about the time it takes to process applications. Other people say that they called them up and they were told that they were not assigned case workers yet when their documents were in truth and infact stamped already.

Can we really trust Home Office when we call them???????????

I don't even think they look up our ref. Number on the computer.

Maybe I am being too harsh. If I am I apologise.

But come on!!! They keep telling you something different everytime you call.

I don't trust them at Home Office.

headley

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:30 pm

its true. we cant really trust HO. some people have mentioned that they called and HO on certain day and was told that the applic is not assigned to case worker and their approval date was prior to that date. either they use obsolete systems or they themselves are doing crap job.

kh7200
Newly Registered

Post by kh7200 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 pm

I agree.. It is waste of time to call them. One day they said that my case is under consideration by case worker. The following day, I was told that application is still in the queue to be assigned to case worker.

I believe watching this forum is much more worth than wasting your time and calling those guys at HO.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Thu May 29, 2008 8:23 am

can someone add me on the list too?
Mine seems to a bit strange, as the payment reflected on my debit card seems to be way after I receive there ref number :?

Applied from UK( HSMP to Tier 1)
Applied on: April 23
Ref. Letter received: April 24
Decision on: ??
Documents received on: ??

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Thu May 29, 2008 8:50 am

Yes, probably that's true.
My application has been with them since 24th April.... it would be my 5th week this friday :shock:

kmore97 wrote:rejection comes back quickly in 2-3 weeks - doesn't hold good anymore. As maximum number of weeks are being wasted when ur application is in queue.
jessica_halida wrote:Hello all,
Thanks!

headley

Post by headley » Thu May 29, 2008 9:08 am

Hi all

Maybe you are right. Probably if its rejection then you get your application quickly.

Lets all hope that it is GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE.

BTW anyone heard any good news.

Spread the HOPE PLEASE.

Thanks
headley

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:48 am

headley,
I think you are right. I think it's waste of time to call CC and find out the status of your application. CC is meant for any generic query, clarification.

headley wrote:Hi kmore97,

I think they are lying about the time it takes to process applications. Other people say that they called them up and they were told that they were not assigned case workers yet when their documents were in truth and infact stamped already.

Can we really trust Home Office when we call them???????????

I don't even think they look up our ref. Number on the computer.

Maybe I am being too harsh. If I am I apologise.

But come on!!! They keep telling you something different everytime you call.

I don't trust them at Home Office.

headley

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Thu May 29, 2008 10:18 am

Hope your bank is HSBC..becz if you notice the prevoius transcations,there should be some elapsed time in few..So dont wory...
jessica_halida wrote:can someone add me on the list too?
Mine seems to a bit strange, as the payment reflected on my debit card seems to be way after I receive there ref number :?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 am

It happens some times. Even I got my letter with ref number dated 2-may, but my payment was taken on 6th May. The funniest thing happened last year with one of my friends. He applied for FLR against his WP. He got a reference letter in 2-3 days. But his application cam back after one week - saying his payment thru debit card did not go thru.

Looks like every thing is bit messy here in UK.
jessica_halida wrote:can someone add me on the list too?