ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FIance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Naz1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FIance visa

Post by Naz1991 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:58 pm

Im a British citizen and my fiance is in pakistan. I am calling him over to the uk as my fiance and planning to get married in the uk
We got engaged this year in jan 18 and our first relationship started in the same month . I am worried as we had egagement over the phone. I have submitted my lyca phone calls from March 2016 and what's app chat. I'm. Worried that will they call.me to ask why we are applying so soon after the engagement or if they ask why is there a 2 month call from jan to March . I have a good job. My job is business development manager . I have submitted everything that is required. Do you think home office will call. What Is the requirment regards to having a genuine relationship for fiance visa.

Can anybody give me good advice regards to my sitation thanks nasreen 1991

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FIance visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 am

Have you met each other in person, face to face??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Naz1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naz1991 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 pm

No we have not met in face to face we only got engaged in jan 18 over phone we are in communication. Do u think I will get visa. Plus will home office call. It is important to met face to face or can you just be engaged. Im worried now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am

You cannot apply for a fiance visa is you have not physically met the person, it will be refused. The Immigration Rules state very clearly that you must have met in person.

See Immigration Rules Part 8 - 290 (ii)
Requirements for leave to enter the United Kingdom as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner (i.e. with a view to marriage or civil partnership and permanent settlement in the United Kingdom)

290. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner are that:
(i) the applicant is seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom for marriage or civil partnership to a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; and
(ii) the parties to the proposed marriage or civil partnership have met; and
(iii) each of the parties intends to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner after the marriage or civil partnership ; and
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Would probably be easier to go pakistan and get married there and then apply for spouse visa.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Naz1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naz1991 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:04 pm

I met. Him.in 2007 but we was small and me. So that's why we did engagement in 2018. We last met in 2007 is that okay and does the homne office call or not . Is it 100 percent that they call and I met in 2007 is that okay please let me know.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:14 pm

I have seen these cases so many times. This is a tricky situation because if your relationship began in 2007 and you were very young then they will question about the suitability of relationship and also would want to know how you maintained the relationship since 2007. Why did not you meet again for 11 years! etc

About Home Office telephone no one knows if they will.

Why not go Pakistan and get married and then after a while apply for spouse visa once you have all documents ready?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm

By 'very small' I assume you mean as children ? This won't count as a genuine adult relationship.

London007 has suggested a better option of marrying in Pakistan.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Naz1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naz1991 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Well basically i wasn't small as in small I was about 19 or 20 years old when i last went pakistan in. 2007 We went for family wedding and I started to like my fiance who is my first cousin aswell . At that time we didn't think to have the engagement.as I was at college. Then family spoke to each other and said we now are ready for the engagement. So we offical started talking after engagement which was in jan 2018. The engagement took place on the phone and I got engaged in January 2018 and that's when we officially started talking . So basically we have lyca call.history from.March and what's app chat history aswell. So we have the evedince after engagement because that when we started talking . But because we are cousins we used to met each other when we used to go pakistan and like each other that's why I have chosen the fiance visa as we wish to get married in the uk. Do you think home office will grant visa what do you think now as I have told you my story further. What about home office fon call will.they still call. Thank you. Let me know plz

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:59 pm

As stated by Casa your fiance visa route will likely be refused as it stands. Even if you want to show that you you met before engagement you will need to show proof of continued communication since 2007. It will get very sticky and messy.

As stated best option for you to get Married in Pakitan and gather few months worth of proof of communication etc and then Apply.

You obviously dont want to listen and have your mind set only on going through the fiance visa route.

All the best.

Naz1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naz1991 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:03 pm

ApplI'd for fiance visa I'm the sponsor my passport has been returned back. What does this mean? After how long will I get the visa. It's been 7 weeks already

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Naz1991 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:03 pm
ApplI'd for fiance visa I'm the sponsor my passport has been returned back. What does this mean? After how long will I get the visa. It's been 7 weeks already
It's common for applications submitted in Pakistan to take 12 weeks for a decision. Do you meet the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a?

Have you met with your fiance since your earlier posts in September?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Naz1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Naz1991 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Missed call from.a number from.Sheffield. the number is 0114 036 7385 . Is that home office call or not . I missed the call I'm really worried nle can someone tell me please thank you

Bilal4500
Pakistan

Post by Bilal4500 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:27 am

#casa hi can you help me about fiance visa, i need some info about it thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:50 am

Bilal4500 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:27 am
#casa hi can you help me about fiance visa, i need some info about it thanks
Do not tag onto other users topics to get a memeber or moderators attention. Start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.

See point 12 of the forum rules FAQs in the link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)