ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which section is applicable 1(3) or 1(3A)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

ILR for child dependent

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi, I got my ILR and my child who born in UK has a dependent visa expires 22 Nov 2018. I want to enquire if I need to apply MN1 registration before expiration of existing visa or I can do it any time (even after expiration of existing visa) as my child is now eligible to apply to register as a British citizen by MN1 form. Thanks need some suggestions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for child dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm

How old is the child?

You can apply at any point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm
How old is the child?

You can apply at any point.
She is 8 years old, I was panicking as was under impression that i can only apply before her dependent visa runs out due to expiry.

So, I shouldn't worry and can apply even after expiration of her visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Applying for British citizens does not extend existing leave by section 3c of the immigration rules.

When her visa expires it is expired and she has not status in the UK.

UK born children have an entitlement to register as birtish and this is not conditional on them having a valid visa. Only children older than 10 are subject to the good character requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:49 pm
Applying for British citizens does not extend existing leave by section 3c of the immigration rules.

When her visa expires it is expired and she has not status in the UK.

UK born children have an entitlement to register as birtish and this is not conditional on them having a valid visa. Only children older than 10 are subject to the good character requirement.
Thank you for your prompt guidance.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

orignal pakistan passport and resident card with MN1 form

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi,

I have obtained ILR in Feb 2018 and now applying for my wife and son (born in Pakistan) ILR on 24/11/18 via online application (expiry of current dependent visa). At the same time, I am sending MN1 from for my daughter (the UK born).

I have a question that shall I need to send my wife's original passport (Pakistani) + her resident card with my daughter's MN1 then how I could send the original resident card and passport (now or if needed soon) for my wifes ILR application.

I am quite confused of the situation in terms of submitting passports.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: orignal pakistan passport and resident card with MN1 form

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:39 pm

If she does not yet hold ILR, then no you do not have to send her documents as the child is applying based on YOUR ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: orignal pakistan passport and resident card with MN1 form

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:39 pm
If she does not yet hold ILR, then no you do not have to send her documents as the child is applying based on YOUR ILR.
Thanks, it makes much sense and feeling much relieved now.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

which section is applicable 1(3) or 1(3A)

Post by naveediiqbal » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi,

I am applying for British citizenship for my son and a daughter together. I obtained ILR after their birth so just confused which immigration rule is applicable for my application 1(3) or 1(3A) to mention in form MN1.

I am sending 2 applications (one for my son and one for my daughter) at the same time shall I include only one set of the photocopies or one set for each (mean two photocopy sets altogether).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: which section is applicable 1(3) or 1(3A)

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:45 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm
Hi,

I am applying for British citizenship for my son and a daughter together. I obtained ILR after their birth so just confused which immigration rule is applicable for my application 1(3) or 1(3A) to mention in form MN1.

I am sending 2 applications (one for my son and one for my daughter) at the same time shall I include only one set of the photocopies or one set for each (mean two photocopy sets altogether).
It is Section 1(3). Presumably both children are UK born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:45 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm
Hi,

It is Section 1(3). Presumably both children are UK born.
Hi, yes both of them are born in UK. Thanks

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Convent form. Required for child dependent ILR and leaves put of uk for partner dependent

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi in new application do we need to sign a concent form. For child dependent and do we need list of leaves out of UK for partner on dependent ILR.?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Convent form. Required for child dependent ILR and leaves put of uk for partner dependent

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:21 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:18 pm
Hi in new application do we need to sign a concent form. For child dependent and do we need list of leaves out of UK for partner on dependent ILR.?
What application are you asking about??

MN1 is ONLY relevant to the children and not the parents other than evidence of ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Convent form. Required for child dependent ILR and leaves put of uk for partner dependent

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:21 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:

MN1 is ONLY relevant to the children and not the parents other than evidence of ILR.
Hi Sorry, It was ILR online application under the new system, there is a consent form needs to be filled (3 of them) 1 by applicant, one by joint name statement partners and one by sponsor.

For my partner she signed form 1 and I signed 2 and 3 as co joint partner on letters and sponsor.

I am asking about do I need to sign by me for child dependent as well (though I signed form 3 for him)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:53 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:49 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:21 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:

Hi Sorry, It was ILR online application under the new system, there is a consent form needs to be filled (3 of them) 1 by applicant, one by joint name statement partners and one by sponsor.

For my partner she signed form 1 and I signed 2 and 3 as co joint partner on letters and sponsor.

I am asking about do I need to sign by me for child dependent as well (though I signed form 3 for him)?
This is your topic for British citizenship for your children in the British citizenship sub forum.

DO NOT ask ILR for partner question here, continue in your other topic if you have one.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-1-depen ... l#p1707619
Char (CR001 not Casa)