ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Permit for EEA family member - Passport return request

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrVenge
Newly Registered
Austria

Residency Permit for EEA family member - Passport return request

Post by MrVenge » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Dear all,

I wanted to ask if some people had a similar experience and could share their stories:

We applied around 20/10/2018 for the EEA residency permit (for my wife, I am EU citizen, she is American). She also has taken the biometrics on the 06/11/2018, and we are since then waiting for the CoA.

Are we already able to request our passports back, or do we have to wait for the CoA to arrive? We would need to move to continental Europe for two days in December, and I am unsure whether the immigration service is able to hand us back our passports in time.

(In particular, one post here made me a bit scared:
eea-route-applications/passport-request ... l#p1703993)

Best regards to all of you,

Asherkhawaja
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Residency Permit for EEA family member - Passport return request

Post by Asherkhawaja » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 am

You can absolutely request return of passports in your situation. Requesting return of PASSPORTS has NO negative bearing on processing of your spouse's ongoing RC application other than sometimes it may cause DELAYS to the decision making process! However, you must make sure when your complete the online request for passport return, Select NO when question asks 'Do you wish to withdraw your application'. (This question will appear under 'Get Started' tab when you start to complete this online form)

The online official link to request return of passports/documents is this:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

I strongly recommend that you go through each tab of this online form carefully, its very simple and user friendly though!

When you reach the last tab, on the bottom you will find the SUBMIT button and also a PRINT button! BEFORE you hit 'Submit' button, Press the 'Print' button and all the completed form could be saved in PDF format bearing date/time of submission as well. This will serve as a useful review tool before you hit Submit and also serve as a record for you)

In regards to link you mentioned in your post, that should not cause any concern. When you complete this online form, you will find under Declarations (Its maybe the second last/last page) the following text:

''if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not
settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my
travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel
outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be
refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter
the UK; '' (Copy/Paste from Declarations section of online documents return request form)

Good Luck!