ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Infant travelling with grandparents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Infant travelling with grandparents

Post by miryferny » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi all, I need a small information, my 2 sons are both italian/srilakan citizens. At the moment we are in Srilanka and for several reasons I m leaving my 6 months with my mom and dad and im taking my 2 year old with me.
My mom will take him in 6 months when he ll be 1 year, she ll have a tourist visa.
My question is, is it leagally ok for her to bring her grandchild alone? Does she need a parent consent letter from me and hubs?
Thanks a lot
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Infant travelling with grandparents

Post by Edwardo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 pm

My wife does not carry my name as does our boy and she has always had to explain things at the airport. Of course for her it is very easy to show a marriage and birth certificate with our names on.

If the grandparent has the same name it might not be an issue at all but some kind of paper trail will be a good idea and insurance policy in the event she meets the immigration officer who takes his/her job very, very seriously.