ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K San
Newly Registered

few doubts in tier 1 application

Post by K San » Wed May 21, 2008 7:37 am

Congratulation Kaushal, that was awesome. Thanks for posting your experience :)

Hello Everybody:

I was going through the UKVisas PBS document and have few questions. Can someone care to answer them?
Thanks in advance :)

1. In page3 of VAF 9A form - section 4.8 - last but one column - Is that the Earnings in home country money converted to Pounds (for me Indian Rupee to Pounds) or the Equivalent UK Earnings?
for example if my past 12 months earnings are some 5,00,000 Rupees, should I write 6250 pounds or should I write 32500 pounds(UK equivalent - obtained by upscaling the home earnings by 5.2 times)?

2. In VAF 9A form - section 4.10 - We are supposed to show two earning proof documents. I am planning to produce my last 12 months payslips sealed and authorized by my employer and the bank statements. But My payslips show GROSS salary and Net Pay and the Bank statements show only the NET PAY.
I understand that only the GROSS pay is taken into the previous earnings calculation. Is it ok to have such a variance in the documents?
Also if the NET pay is taken into account, I'm afraid that I cannot claim the points for previous earnings.

3. In VAF 9A form - section 5 - Duration of study - My course is a 4 year BE Degree course listed in the Self Assessment Tool. But the actual start and end dates (the period i was in my university does not count to four full years. It is short by about 3 months). Is this something I need to mention somewhere in the self-assessment tool or it is OK to proceed? (BE Degree is mostly a four year course through out India apart from few sandwich courses which extend upto 5 years).

4. In VAF 9B form - section 1.1 - Is this the column where in I should write my total points earned? (I'm sorry it is trivial, but I just wanted to be sure in what I'm doing)

5. In VAF 9B form - section 6.4 - Visa Rejection - My US visa was once rejected due to the employer's inability to prove that there is a job in the mentioned client place for me. I have a refusal letter from the US Visa agency mentioning the facts why my visa was refused and it states that it was due to the employer who filed.
My question is, Will this rejection in any way affect my UK Visa application? Also should I enclose a copy of the US Visa refusal letter with the supporting documents as an evidence that the problem was not with me or my documents?

6. I could see some discussions going on in the forum about the maintenance of funds and the proof of the source of the funds. I did not see anywhere in the UKVisas documents about the proof of source of the maintenance funds. Is it a mandatory one to provide while applying the visa?

That was a big list, Thanks for reading. I did some homework trying to find 'em in the forum, but could not :(
Hope someone can help me on this.

Cheers,
K

ramesh1

Points for Age - help pls

Post by ramesh1 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Rely thanks again for guiding me that it's just rumour. I would appreciate if you could shed some light on that even if i dont score any points for Age factor (say i crossed 32 so score only 0 points) but still i score 75 points based on my education (30) and past earnings (45) and 10 for IELTS (already passed with overall band of 6.5 and band 6 in LWRS) and had done Naric assesment and fund maintanence 10 points will be enough to apply for Tier - 1?any one who has some suggestions pls shed some light.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: Points for Age - help pls

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:32 pm

As long as you score the min. qualification points, you are good to go. Haven't you read the guidance??

regards
ramesh1 wrote:Rely thanks again for guiding me that it's just rumour. I would appreciate if you could shed some light on that even if i dont score any points for Age factor (say i crossed 32 so score only 0 points) but still i score 75 points based on my education (30) and past earnings (45) and 10 for IELTS (already passed with overall band of 6.5 and band 6 in LWRS) and had done Naric assesment and fund maintanence 10 points will be enough to apply for Tier - 1?any one who has some suggestions pls shed some light.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

rely

Post by rely » Wed May 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Go ahead.No probs.
Where are you based in India?[Mumbai? I will give you my formats.
rely

quote="ramesh1"]Rely thanks again for guiding me that it's just rumour. I would appreciate if you could shed some light on that even if i dont score any points for Age factor (say i crossed 32 so score only 0 points) but still i score 75 points based on my education (30) and past earnings (45) and 10 for IELTS (already passed with overall band of 6.5 and band 6 in LWRS) and had done Naric assesment and fund maintanence 10 points will be enough to apply for Tier - 1?any one who has some suggestions pls shed some light.[/quote]

ramesh1

Re: Points for Age - help Pls

Post by ramesh1 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:17 am

Rely. Thanks for your response that's give me much more confidence. Ya i am based in india i am going to apply from chennai. Pls help me by emailing your formats to me at :rkramjob@gmail.com for Tier-1

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu May 22, 2008 12:23 am

ramesh1 wrote:Rajesh thanks for your response. So i get 5 points. But i heard that the applicants above 28yrs old got their visa's rejected. UK govt is more interested in youth mobility and hence visa for applicants above 28yrs are rejected and interested only in applicants with age below 28yrs. Any success stories for 30 or 31 years old applicants from India pls confirm so that will make me more confident.
I am 30 ++ and got the VISA, if that comforts you.

lookingforsomething
Newly Registered

Employee Reference

Post by lookingforsomething » Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 am

Hi Kaushal,

Your post is very helpful. I am currently in the UK on a WP and am thinking of applying for Tier 1. Can you just tell me if you were required to give the name/contact details of anyone in your Company for reference?

Thanks,
LFS!

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:13 am

Thanks push_hsmp that really gives me much more confidence now.
Have u applied from India and you are IT professional?
If you r 30++ then you dont score any points for your age and
still got Visa wow wow..really great.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There are plenty like us, so don't worry !

regards
ramesh1 wrote:If you r 30++ then you dont score any points for your age and still got Visa wow wow..really great.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

K San
Newly Registered

Re: few doubts in tier 1 application

Post by K San » Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 am

Can someone please share their views on these questions?

Thanks!
K
K San wrote:Congratulation Kaushal, that was awesome. Thanks for posting your experience :)

Hello Everybody:

I was going through the UKVisas PBS document and have few questions. Can someone care to answer them?
Thanks in advance :)

1. In page3 of VAF 9A form - section 4.8 - last but one column - Is that the Earnings in home country money converted to Pounds (for me Indian Rupee to Pounds) or the Equivalent UK Earnings?
for example if my past 12 months earnings are some 5,00,000 Rupees, should I write 6250 pounds or should I write 32500 pounds(UK equivalent - obtained by upscaling the home earnings by 5.2 times)?

2. In VAF 9A form - section 4.10 - We are supposed to show two earning proof documents. I am planning to produce my last 12 months payslips sealed and authorized by my employer and the bank statements. But My payslips show GROSS salary and Net Pay and the Bank statements show only the NET PAY.
I understand that only the GROSS pay is taken into the previous earnings calculation. Is it ok to have such a variance in the documents?
Also if the NET pay is taken into account, I'm afraid that I cannot claim the points for previous earnings.

3. In VAF 9A form - section 5 - Duration of study - My course is a 4 year BE Degree course listed in the Self Assessment Tool. But the actual start and end dates (the period i was in my university does not count to four full years. It is short by about 3 months). Is this something I need to mention somewhere in the self-assessment tool or it is OK to proceed? (BE Degree is mostly a four year course through out India apart from few sandwich courses which extend upto 5 years).

4. In VAF 9B form - section 1.1 - Is this the column where in I should write my total points earned? (I'm sorry it is trivial, but I just wanted to be sure in what I'm doing)

5. In VAF 9B form - section 6.4 - Visa Rejection - My US visa was once rejected due to the employer's inability to prove that there is a job in the mentioned client place for me. I have a refusal letter from the US Visa agency mentioning the facts why my visa was refused and it states that it was due to the employer who filed.
My question is, Will this rejection in any way affect my UK Visa application? Also should I enclose a copy of the US Visa refusal letter with the supporting documents as an evidence that the problem was not with me or my documents?

6. I could see some discussions going on in the forum about the maintenance of funds and the proof of the source of the funds. I did not see anywhere in the UKVisas documents about the proof of source of the maintenance funds. Is it a mandatory one to provide while applying the visa?

That was a big list, Thanks for reading. I did some homework trying to find 'em in the forum, but could not :(

Cheers,
K

rely

Post by rely » Fri May 23, 2008 9:29 am

1.SHOW 6250 GBP.
2.salary slip will show gross and bank statement will show net.thats correct.submit it.Gross is taken into account.
3.4 YEARS.
4.REST queries are very basic.
rely

Cheers,
K[/quote][/quote]

K San
Newly Registered

Post by K San » Fri May 23, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks Rely!

Will my US visa rejection in anyways be a hitch?

K
rely wrote:1.SHOW 6250 GBP.
2.salary slip will show gross and bank statement will show net.thats correct.submit it.Gross is taken into account.
3.4 YEARS.
4.REST queries are very basic.
rely

ramesh1

medical test

Post by ramesh1 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:26 pm

Is there any medical test after Tier-1 approval? IF so the entire family has to undergo medical test in india if applied from india.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: medical test

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 26, 2008 2:13 pm

My suggestion would be to get a chest x-ray done for everyone travelling to UK, specially if anyone is travelling to UK / outside India for the first time.

It is easier if you get it done and carry the reports with you when travelling (keep in cabin baggage). Better than having to queue up at the airport medical center when you land, if they want one.

regards
ramesh1 wrote:Is there any medical test after Tier-1 approval? IF so the entire family has to undergo medical test in india if applied from india.

ramesh1

Re: medical test

Post by ramesh1 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:52 pm

sushdmehta thanks for your immediate response. So probably i will have a x-ray (Chest) report for my entire family. But i have some minor dental and skin problems will it be a concern? Should i produce dental and skin report too. Also it appears to me medical test or report is not mandatory?

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:34 pm

The x-ray is required for TB screening (a contagious disease) only. No test is mandatory or else they would ask the applicants to undergo a mandatory medical examination in the first place (e.g. - a mandatory requirment for student visa holders).

So don't worry about minor issues.

regards

ramesh1

Fund Maintanence - Source of Funds

Post by ramesh1 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:43 pm

hsmpinuk70 thanks for your immediate response. Now i am confused reg the Fund maintanence. I have consolidate 2800 pounds worth of money from my different savings account and formed FD's in one of the savings account where my bank agreed to provide me letter required to submit for Tier-1 process. Now my concern is should i show source of this Funds. If that is the case then from 3 different banks i have to get the statements and letters to prove i have consolidated the req amount and this is really hectic. Pls advise on that Source of Funds is mandatory? I have checked in some other thread that Source of Funds is mandatory?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Fund Maintanence - Source of Funds

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Please use the search tool to look for answers to this issue. This has been answered many times recently.

regards
ramesh1 wrote:hsmpinuk70 thanks for your immediate response. Now i am confused reg the Fund maintanence. I have consolidate 2800 pounds worth of money from my different savings account and formed FD's in one of the savings account where my bank agreed to provide me letter required to submit for Tier-1 process. Now my concern is should i show source of this Funds. If that is the case then from 3 different banks i have to get the statements and letters to prove i have consolidated the req amount and this is really hectic. Pls advise on that Source of Funds is mandatory? I have checked in some other thread that Source of Funds is mandatory?

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:08 pm

sushdmehta i did search the tool before i post here but all those talks about the HSMP and sometimes it is not clear to me. When i read kaushal316 post it says no need to show source of funds if there is a regular activities and if the account in the applicants name. My case is my salary account is citibank and i maintained FD in my regular savings account in HDFC bank for 2800 GBP and they agreed to give me letter for the FD's i maintain with them. Also in HDFC i have regular activities for the past 3 years so that should be ok? Senior members and Tier-1 successfull applicants pls help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Love getting ready-made answers?? :?
1. You cannot use FDs / shares / demat / insurance / PF / PPF etc. as evidence of maintenance funds.
2. You can use multiple accounts to show that you meet the min. balance requirements for maintenance funds.
3. Providing source of funds is encouraged, specially if there are high value transactions (e.g.-amout higher than your salary coming in/going out). Applications have been rejected for not doing so, but this ECO's discretion so you cannot predict in advance.
4. Don't search the tool, but use the search tool (use "maintenance" as search word) for detailed discussions and feedback. Like I said, all your queries regarding maintenance funds requirement have already been answered. So search well before you post.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/search.php
ramesh1 wrote:sushdmehta i did search the tool before i post here but all those talks about the HSMP and sometimes it is not clear to me. When i read kaushal316 post it says no need to show source of funds if there is a regular activities and if the account in the applicants name. My case is my salary account is citibank and i maintained FD in my regular savings account in HDFC bank for 2800 GBP and they agreed to give me letter for the FD's i maintain with them. Also in HDFC i have regular activities for the past 3 years so that should be ok? Senior members and Tier-1 successfull applicants pls help.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK tier 1 - Help needed (Dependant Documents)

Post by Jedi001 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

Could you please help me with the documents required for my dependants?

Situation: I am the main applicant, and planning to apply with my dependants.

Questions:
1. What are the documents required for my wife and kid?
2. Can I apply first and then go to UK and after 3-4 four months apply for my dependants?

Please help!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jedi001

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: UK tier 1 - Help needed (Dependant Documents)

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:14 am

Depends on where you are applying form. Contact the local BHC or VAC (visa pplication center) for details. Also, use the search tool to find detailed information, if applying from India, as this topic is being discussed already.
Jedi001 wrote:1. What are the documents required for my wife and kid?
Yes.
Jedi001 wrote:2. Can I apply first and then go to UK and after 3-4 four months apply for my dependants?
regards

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:49 am

sushdmehta thank you again for your immediate response. I have been talking to a consultant and he said that FD's are accepted as Fund maintenance as the sweep-in facility and pre-mature withdrawl of FD's are permitted thus allowing instantaneous access to the Funds maintained in FD's hence it can be considered as "Liquid fund" or "Cash Savings" and he also told that BIA say's only "Assets, shares or agreed overdraft facilities are not acceptable as evidence of your maintenance (funds)".
Your answer is really an eye opener for me. Thanks again.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 pm

I hope you have a "no win no fee" contract with your consultant. Not saying that I am absolutely right and the consultant absolutely wrong (or vice versa), but to remove any doubt in your mind, I would suggest that you send an email to VFS/BHC with this specific query.

regards
ramesh1 wrote:sushdmehta thank you again for your immediate response. I have been talking to a consultant and he said that FD's are accepted as Fund maintenance as the sweep-in facility and pre-mature withdrawl of FD's are permitted thus allowing instantaneous access to the Funds maintained in FD's hence it can be considered as "Liquid fund" or "Cash Savings" and he also told that BIA say's only "Assets, shares or agreed overdraft facilities are not acceptable as evidence of your maintenance (funds)".
Your answer is really an eye opener for me. Thanks again.

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:06 pm

sushdmehta after your clarification reg source of funds and FD's i spoke to my consultant and he in turn checked with VFS office here and confirmed that FD's are not accepted and source of funds is mandatory. So i really have to thank you as only today i have liquidated my FD's and will be waiting for 3 more months to apply otherwise we are about to file next month. To people visiting this forum it is now very clear that - "FD's are not accepted and source of funds are mandatory".