ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would this do as No Objection Letter????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Lodger Property Inspection Report????

Post by inwarddoor1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Everyone.

Thanks in advance for the relys.

I have a specific question. I am currently living in a 2 bedroom flat with the landlord. I have a Lodgers agreement and he is willing to provide me; land registery, mortgages statement and NOC letter. Would i need property inspection report? I have the measurements of the flat, would that be sufficient if the landlord includes that in the NOC letter?

Bedroom 1 (me) 3.34 x 2.55 metres plus 2.22 x 1.09 metres dressing area. wash hand basin. fitted wardrobes.
Bedroom 1 (Landlord) 3.33 x 1.8 metres
Reception 5.28 x 3 metres
Spam 2.44 x 2.14 metres

Also based on these measurements, would that flat be overcrowded if my spouse joined me?

Thanks.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Lodger Property Inspection Report????

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 pm

If you have one bedroom for you both then your not overcrowded. You havent said how many other people live there, so I presume just two of you.

You will need a Inspection Report in your case.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:15 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 pm
If you have one bedroom for you both then your not overcrowded. You havent said how many other people live there, so I presume just two of you.

You will need a Inspection Report in your case.
Thanks for the reply,
Yes, it is just the two of us. I occupy the double bedroom. Is it a must i get the property inspection report done? Its just that they make it seem as if its an option.????!
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and
permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
  • Land Registry documents
  • mortgage statements
  • rent book or tenancy agreement
  • council tax statements
  • property inspection report
  • utilities bills
  • accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/landlord
    confirming that you are able to stay there

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:17 am

Not mandatory, but if you have a non-related adult living in same property, it would be recommended to get one.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 am

Although double room can accommodate one couple without kid but still in your case property inspection will definitely need.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:41 am

Definitely you need one to be safe and avoid any delays or refuse
Some estate agents doing it for around £150 not only your council will better to loose £150 than application fees

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 am

mizer wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:41 am
Some estate agents doing it for around £150 not only your council will better to loose £150 than application fees
Your post has been edited. As has been asked before, please desist from your repetitive ILR questions in every topic you find!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:10 pm

mizer wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:17 am
Not mandatory, but if you have a non-related adult living in same property, it would be recommended to get one.
seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 am
Although double room can accommodate one couple without kid but still in your case property inspection will definitely need.
Thanks for the replies...

1. Would it cause an issue with the 28 days rule if i do the inspection report after submitting the online application?
2. My last payslip and bank statement date 26/oct. If i submit the online application on the 8th Nov and book the biometric appointment on the 22nd Nov and send the supporting Docs to sheffield on the 29th would that also cause an issue with the 28 days rule? Do the financial docs need to be no older than 28 days by the time they recieve the supporting docs at sheffield???

Thanks again

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

28 Days Rule

Post by inwarddoor1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

My last payslip and bank statement date 26 Oct. If i submit the online application on the 8th Nov and book the biometric appointment around the 22nd Nov and send the supporting Docs to sheffield on the 29th would that cause an issue with the 28 days rule? Do the financial docs need to be no older than 28 days by the time they recieve the supporting docs at sheffield???

Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:55 pm

1. Inspection report is not bound by 28 day rule. It has its own 3 month expiry date. But If its dated after online application date then eco will probably disregard it since they are only interested in documents dated before application date.

2. 28 days clock stops when application is submitted online, doest matter when you do biometrics or when they receive it. You reference everything to date of application submission online - your dates are fine

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: 28 Days Rule

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:00 am

28 day from online application submission date. Clock stops there, so you are fine.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:32 am

inwarddoor1 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:10 pm
mizer wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:17 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 am
Thanks for the replies...

1. Would it cause an issue with the 28 days rule if i do the inspection report after submitting the online application?
2. My last payslip and bank statement date 26/oct. If i submit the online application on the 8th Nov and book the biometric appointment on the 22nd Nov and send the supporting Docs to sheffield on the 29th would that also cause an issue with the 28 days rule? Do the financial docs need to be no older than 28 days by the time they recieve the supporting docs at sheffield???

Thanks again
1. Preferably shouldn't be older than 28 days.
2. Seems fine
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Many Thanks

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:00 am
28 day from online application submission date. Clock stops there, so you are fine.
Thank you

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Uganda: Supporting Document Address

Post by inwarddoor1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi Everyone
Does anyone know;
1. Where to send supporting documents if you're applying from Kampala. Uganda?
2. Does tlscontact there offer scanning service?
3. Does UKVI return the supporting documents to tlscontact?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Uganda: Supporting Document Address

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:17 am

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nsxx
United States of America

Post by nsxx » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm

inwarddoor1 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

My last payslip and bank statement date 26 Oct. If i submit the online application on the 8th Nov and book the biometric appointment around the 22nd Nov and send the supporting Docs to sheffield on the 29th would that cause an issue with the 28 days rule? Do the financial docs need to be no older than 28 days by the time they recieve the supporting docs at sheffield???

Thanks
for applications in uganda you are required to submit application and supporting docs at the biometrics appointment at tlscontact centre, i would suggest sending your docs to your partner via dal in time for the biometric appointment - currently 1-5 days delivery timescale from london to kampala via dhl

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Would this do as No Objection Letter????

Post by inwarddoor1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi,

Would this do as No Objection Letter?

Landlord's Name
Flat no. Road
Area
London
Postcode

00th of Month 2018

To: Entry Clearance Officer

I [Landlord's name] can confirm I am the owner of the above property which is a ground floor flat and contains 2 bedrooms, reception area, Spam and bathroom with all amenities. Mr [Sponsor's fullname] occupies one bedroom exclusively and shares the reception, bathroom and Spam with me. The property has no other occupants.

I can also confirm Mr [Sponsor's surname] is up to date with his rental commitments. He pays the rent of £000 a month by bank transfer which includes all the bills. I have no objection accommodating the spouse of Mr [Sponsor's surname] should she be granted visa.

Attached with this letter are copies of land registry and mortgage statement as evidence of ownership of the property.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Faithfully
Signed by

[landlord's name]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 am
Topics merged.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Would this do as No Objection Letter????

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:10 pm

inwarddoor1 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:33 pm
Hi,

Would this do as No Objection Letter?

Landlord's Name
Flat no. Road
Area
London
Postcode

00th of Month 2018

To: Entry Clearance Officer

I [Landlord's name] can confirm I am the owner of the above property which is a ground floor flat and contains 2 bedrooms, reception area, Spam and bathroom with all amenities. Mr [Sponsor's fullname] occupies one bedroom exclusively and shares the reception, bathroom and Spam with me. The property has no other occupants.

I can also confirm Mr [Sponsor's surname] is up to date with his rental commitments. He pays the rent of £000 a month by bank transfer which includes all the bills. I have no objection accommodating the spouse of Mr [Sponsor's surname] should she be granted visa.

Attached with this letter are copies of land registry and mortgage statement as evidence of ownership of the property.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Faithfully
Signed by

[landlord's name]
Seems fine. Remember there is no fixed template

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Would this do as No Objection Letter????

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:39 am

I'd add in the 2nd para a little bit about "thus has adequate space to accommodate the tenant and his spouse".