ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Visa Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

New Visa Process

Post by krssubbu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi All

I am so confused by the new process - I would like to do my citizenship sometime in Jan and follow the new process as I dont have time for the old process

I have read about it and confused with services they have

I need my passport asap but again cant afford to pay £3000 which I think is a super service one. which service is available for getting it quickly and what is the normal time frame to receive teh passports

alterhase58
Germany

Re: New Visa Process

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:30 pm

krssubbu wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:26 pm
Hi All

I am so confused by the new process - I would like to do my citizenship sometime in Jan and follow the new process as I dont have time for the old process

I have read about it and confused with services they have

I need my passport asap but again cant afford to pay £3000 which I think is a super service one. which service is available for getting it quickly and what is the normal time frame to receive teh passports
Naturalisation is not a visa process. The Home Office advises it can take up to six months to process. The super service doesn't mean processing is faster. Passports are a separate application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks alterhase58

Just spoke to Immigration team, they say there is NO quick service for Naturalization / citizenship - It can take upto 6 mnths however its quicker - So the Super Priority service / Premium Service Centers is only for Visa extensions as mentioned by UKBA - is this correct?

They also said I can travel outside UK during the time my decision is made since I have ILR - is this correct also?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Correct on both your questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Thanks CR001

Do I still need to up;load all the documents and visit Core centre? would you know much is the enhanced one charges as its closer to me

Regarding application itself
a. References: Can this be two references (one is my manager) and another (a colleauge) both from my same company giving me references - both are British and known me for 3 weeks just that 1 is senior and other is junior to me

b. Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013?? - I got my ILR in 2012 Jan as I did my masters in the UK - do I chose Yes?

c. Your biometric residence permit (BRP) - mine is a Paper Visa - Although in airports they ask my fingerprint - What do I chose?

d. Fill in 10 Year employment details - I was self employed so Do i use my clients details or should I say self-employed for the years I was

e. Arrival in the UK - Is this the date I arrived in the UK first as a Student Visa or the date I got my ILR?

f. Convictions and other penalties - I dont have speeding fines but have parking fines which are all paid - Do I disclose this and where do I disclose it as it does not give me an option on online application. Also I have some parking penalites which was issued by error which the concerned company has cancelled it - Do i still disclose them? and the parking penalities is this for the 5 year period I note down or my entire time spent in the UK?

Sorry for too many questions but filling up the form hence asking

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:04 pm

a. References: Can this be two references (one is my manager) and another (a colleauge) both from my same company giving me references - both are British and known me for 3 weeks just that 1 is senior and other is junior to me
3 weeks??? One must be a professional of any nationality, over 25 and on the HO approved referee list. The other must be British and over 25. Both must be of good character.
b. Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013?? - I got my ILR in 2012 Jan as I did my masters in the UK - do I chose Yes?
Well that would be NO as you got ILR in 2012 BEFORE 28 October 2013.
c. Your biometric residence permit (BRP) - mine is a Paper Visa - Although in airports they ask my fingerprint - What do I chose?
Leave blank if your ILR is in your passport. BRP is NOT finger prints, it is a drivers licence type card.
d. Fill in 10 Year employment details - I was self employed so Do i use my clients details or should I say self-employed for the years I was
Your limited company details. Your client was your client, not your employer.
e. Arrival in the UK - Is this the date I arrived in the UK first as a Student Visa or the date I got my ILR?
The question clearly ask the date you ARRIVED in the UK not the date you got ILR.
f. Convictions and other penalties - I dont have speeding fines but have parking fines which are all paid - Do I disclose this and where do I disclose it as it does not give me an option on online application. Also I have some parking penalites which was issued by error which the concerned company has cancelled it - Do i still disclose them? and the parking penalities is this for the 5 year period I note down or my entire time spent in the UK?
No need to declare parking fines unless they went to court.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks CR001

and Sorry CR001 - It was 3 years not 3 weeks!

Thanks a lot for the clear info..just 1 clarification one of my friend said he declared the parking fines on the paper version but is this the case online as well as there is no space for it?