ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bed
Turkey

Urgent help please

Post by Bed » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi all,

Ive received a letter from the Ho today requesting me to provide english language requirement again. I have done the english b1 test by trinity about 3 years ago when i was applying for settlement. I know its only valid for 2 years but on the Gov websitee it says that;

If you met the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK when you applied for settlement by having a B1 level test you do not have to demonstrate it again. (People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October 2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification.)

Now do i have to take it again or can i send an email or letter explaining what it says on the information booklet of their own website?

Bed
Turkey

Re: Urgent help please

Post by Bed » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:14 pm

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.

Thats what it says on the gov website? I dont understand

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Also confirmed in the caseworkers' guidance:
Naturalisation applications

A person who successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of a B1 level qualification can meet the English language requirement for naturalisation without needing to pass another qualification. This is regardless of whether the original qualification is on the current SELT list.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bed
Turkey

Post by Bed » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Thats correct.

Any idea what i can do? Cos i cant get in touch with them via phone ive sent email and now i wanna send a letter as well but i wanna make sure they see it

Bed
Turkey

Post by Bed » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Anybody else had a similar problem????? I have sent a letter to them this afternoon please tell me what you guys think,

Dear Sir/Madam

I have received your letter dated 13th November 2018 on 16/11/2018.
Thank you for sending my passports back
On the letter you are requesting me to complete the English Language test once again and submit it by 27th November 2018. I have taken my English Language test by trinity about 3 years ago when I applied for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) which was accepted by the HO.
Now I know that the certificate is normally valid for 2 years but on the information booklet provided by the HO which is on Gov website, it mentions that;
If you met the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK when you applied for settlement by having B1 level test you do not have to demonstrate it again.
And also, on the governments website it mentions that;
If your qualification has run out; some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations
1=applying for citizenship; you can use a B1 level qualification that has run out if you are applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK
And also confirmed in the caseworker’s guidance;
A person who successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of a B1 level qualification can meet the English language requirement for naturalisation without needing to pass another qualification. This is regardless of whether the original qualification is on the current SELT list.
Now I would be very happy if you could please look in to this and let me know if you still would want me to take the test again or not.
I will also be sending a special delivery envelope for you to use if possible once you have made a decision

Thanks

epi
United Kingdom

Post by epi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 pm

I used an expired certificate for my AN application. When I applied, I attached a cover letter to my application and in the language requirements part I wrote as follows:

"I hold Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK, which was granted on the basis that I passed a (test name) on (date) at (level). At the date of this application the provider of the qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State as specified in the Immigration Rules. Accordingly, I believe that I meet the English Language requirement.

The “Knowledge of language and life in the UK” states that for naturalisation applications Home Office staff must accept a qualification from one of the providers of the current SELT that has passed the expiry date, if it has previously been accepted by the Home Office in connection with previous immigration applications. In my case the qualification I submit was accepted by the Home Office for my initial entry clearance, further leave to remain and ILR, and continues to be an approved provider on the SELT list, therefore I believe that this certificate should be accepted."

My certificate is dated 2011, expired in 2013. My recent AN application was successful, so you can adjust and use the text according to your situation.

Bed
Turkey

Post by Bed » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 pm

epi wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 pm
I used an expired certificate for my AN application. When I applied, I attached a cover letter to my application and in the language requirements part I wrote as follows:

"I hold Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK, which was granted on the basis that I passed a (test name) on (date) at (level). At the date of this application the provider of the qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State as specified in the Immigration Rules. Accordingly, I believe that I meet the English Language requirement.

The “Knowledge of language and life in the UK” states that for naturalisation applications Home Office staff must accept a qualification from one of the providers of the current SELT that has passed the expiry date, if it has previously been accepted by the Home Office in connection with previous immigration applications. In my case the qualification I submit was accepted by the Home Office for my initial entry clearance, further leave to remain and ILR, and continues to be an approved provider on the SELT list, therefore I believe that this certificate should be accepted."

My certificate is dated 2011, expired in 2013. My recent AN application was successful, so you can adjust and use the text according to your situation.

Thats great news i guess. I have already sent the email and the letter mentioning above text earlier so lets see what i get in return.

Thanks mate.