ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NDRS/UKVCAS Passport all pages copy

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

NDRS/UKVCAS Passport all pages copy

Post by DocKnow » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi, I just wanted to check if they take copies of all pages at the NDRS/UKVCAS appointement or just the front page? The reason I ask is, UKVCAS give you the option of self-uploading the scanned documents (prior to the appointment). If people have been submitting copies of all pages in their passports at NDRS, I might just do it as well online on the UKVCAS site.

AliSufii
United Kingdom

Re: NDRS/UKVCAS Passport all pages copy

Post by AliSufii » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm
Hi, I just wanted to check if they take copies of all pages at the NDRS/UKVCAS appointement or just the front page? The reason I ask is, UKVCAS give you the option of self-uploading the scanned documents (prior to the appointment). If people have been submitting copies of all pages in their passports at NDRS, I might just do it as well online on the UKVCAS site.
My understanding:

All pages with entry/exit stamps of all countries, visas, +front pages of passport. you can leave the banks pages of passport.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 pm

AliSufii wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:31 pm
DocKnow wrote:
My understanding:

All pages with entry/exit stamps of all countries, visas, +front pages of passport. you can leave the banks pages of passport.
My understanding too, pretty sure have to do all stamped pages as they would need check/confirm orig DOE and all subsequent entry/exits for trips out the UK.

Anthony2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anthony2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:20 am

Ancestor wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 pm
AliSufii wrote:
DocKnow wrote:
My understanding:

My understanding too, pretty sure have to do all stamped pages as they would need check/confirm orig DOE and all subsequent entry/exits for trips out the UK.
Where does that understanding come from, that you can just supply copies of the front page and just the ones with visa and stamps on. That is totally wrong.

You have to scan/copy and supply all pages of the passport, including the blank ones.
How does the Home Office know that the pages you do not copy are actually blank, they could have entry and exit stamps on them for visits abroad, you could have been abroad for a whole year or longer.

Do not make up your own rules, either supply the original passport or copies for all the pages.

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by trilobite1981 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:10 pm

I concur Anthony2's reply.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Anthony2 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:20 am
Ancestor wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 pm
AliSufii wrote:
DocKnow wrote:
My understanding:

Where does that understanding come from, that you can just supply copies of the front page and just the ones with visa and stamps on. That is totally wrong.

You have to scan/copy and supply all pages of the passport, including the blank ones.
How does the Home Office know that the pages you do not copy are actually blank, they could have entry and exit stamps on them for visits abroad, you could have been abroad for a whole year or longer.

Do not make up your own rules, either supply the original passport or copies for all the pages.
Agreed, what I was trying to say but probably should have worded better, should be all pages would be my understanding. 👍 In any event would rather go for overkill and give all so leaves no room for ambiguity would be my thought.

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Post by DocKnow » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Well I had my appointment yesterday with UKVCAS (new system by Sopra Steria) and the lady there just scanned my stamped pages. She didn't seem to know a lot about immigration rules because I had to insist that she scan the old passport as well (to provide the full 5 year coverage). She didn't understand the concept. Hopefully home office don't come back to me asking for more evidence!

Having send that though, I really doubt that home office check each and every stamp manually. Some of my stamps are smudged and it is not easy to read them. Surely, for non EEA passports, home office already have a record of all our entries and exits. They scan our passports, take our biometrics AND make us fill out a landing card every time we enter the country. I would be surprised if they don't already have electronic records of our entries. I have also submitted P60s and employer letters just to be safe - to prove residence in the country. Then again, we DO know that they cross-check with HMRC records.

It's only a matter of time before they will stop asking for any evidence. Just biometrics, passport number and NI number should be enough to give the whole picture.