ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

95 Days Plz advised

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheikh123

95 Days Plz advised

Post by sheikh123 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi my wife got ILR today on her 10 year long residency. I got my British passport in Mar 2018 after ILR for my 10 year long residency. My question is that:-

A) She need to wait for 1 year for apply her Naturalization or she can apply straight away.

B) She went for her home country due to Medical Emergency of her Brother in Law and out for UK exact 95 days from 21-June-2018 to 24-Sep-2018 but she mention this in covering letter for ILR today.

Please senior members i need your opinion in this regard.

Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: 95 Days Plz advised

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 am

sheikh123 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 pm
she can apply straight away.
sheikh123 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 pm
B) She went for her home country due to Medical Emergency of her Brother in Law and out for UK exact 95 days from 21-June-2018 to 24-Sep-2018 but she mention this in covering letter for ILR today.
Provided that this is her only absence in the past year and she meets the other absence and physical presence requirements over the past three years, she should be fine.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sheikh123

Re: 95 Days Plz advised

Post by sheikh123 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks for your reply but can you explain this in detail plz....

sheikh123

Senior members plz help 95 Days Plz advised

Post by sheikh123 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Dear senior members please please i need your help. I found this on policy guidance plz help.

Absences from the UK during the last 12 months of your qualifying period will be considered in the following way:
6(1) and 6(2) applications
Normal permitted absences in final 12 months of your qualifying period
90 days
Total number of absences normally disregarded
100 days

Total number of absences normally disregarded only if all other requirements are met and
• you have demonstrated links with the UK through presence of family, and established home and a substantial part of your estate.
101 – 179 days
Total number of absences that may be disregarded if you do not meet all of the other requirements providing the following criteria are met:
• you have demonstrated links with the UK through presence of family, and established home and a substantial part of your estate
and
• the absence is justified by Crown service or by compelling occupational or compassionate reasons taking account of the criteria listed on page 8
101 – 179 days
Please note: Only in the most exceptional circumstances would total absences exceeding 180 days in the final 12 months of the qualifying period be disregarded if all other requirements were not met.
For further information regarding excess absences refer to our