ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMp Dependant Visa Fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri May 30, 2008 6:38 am

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just an update from my side. My wife had applied for dependent HSMP visa from BLR VFS and got the visa today. It took 9 working days for the courier to arrive, with the stamped passport.

Thanks for all the help that I got from this forum.

Vikram
congrats vikram... i guess thats a big relief...

so did it take 9 working days inclusive of ur application date? thats really quick.. u lucky guys..am very happy for u... thanks for all ur help here ..

we have applied yesterday.. on the lucky day u got urs..

used vaf10 form and fees was 17100..

santosh_katakam

Post by santosh_katakam » Fri May 30, 2008 11:12 am

could you please let me what all documents you have attached with the application. also let me know how soon we can get the appointments. what questions they asked your wife during the interview. please let me know.

cheers,
thanks for your help.
santosh

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri May 30, 2008 1:23 pm

just a query..
why is this thread not in family members section..

people who want these info might be looking there ryt..
excuse my ignorance, if thats the case...

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:56 pm

asiar08 wrote:Hi Vikram,

Congratulation!!!!!!

It will be grt help for other people if you please let us know the documents sent with WAF10 form. Did ypu send covering letter/letter from sponsor??

Thanks,
Asiar08
Thanks Asiar08. I think the list of docs are discussed many times before, but putting them down again:

VAF10
17000 DD
Passport & Photograph

Covering letter - A detailed letter explaining the individual case clearly. In my case, I am in UK working for a big company and staying with friends. Had taken an apartment for rent from a future date.

Marriage certificate

Sponsor's documents:
Salary slip (Indian salary slips for last 1 year)
Bank stmt (Indian bank stmt for last 1 year. I did not have a UK bank account at the time of application)
SARAL Form for last 3 years
Tenancy agreement (starting from a future date)
Details of my friend with whom I was staygin (his passport copy, visa copy, electricity bill etc)

From my wife's side:
Salary slips
SARAL form for 2 years
Bank statement

I thinkg a detailed covering letter explaining your story clearly is very essential. Mine was a complicated case and I think the covering letter really helped.

Thanks
Vikram
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:58 pm

antouk wrote:Hi vikram,
Congrats. Thx for the update. i have few clarification.
did u show 3 months funds in u or ur wife's account? If so pls.give us the details like, how much funds, is it a joint account or ur wife's individual account or ur individual account?

Lots of questions :D
hi antouk,

Thanks for the wishes. I showed the necessary funds in my indian bank account. I had maintained the funds for 3 months. The account was in my name only. though my wife also gave her bank stmt (as she is working), i did not add that amout as my account had sufficient funds.

Vikram
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 pm

abhijack wrote:
hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just an update from my side. My wife had applied for dependent HSMP visa from BLR VFS and got the visa today. It took 9 working days for the courier to arrive, with the stamped passport.

Thanks for all the help that I got from this forum.

Vikram
congrats vikram... i guess thats a big relief...

so did it take 9 working days inclusive of ur application date? thats really quick.. u lucky guys..am very happy for u... thanks for all ur help here ..

we have applied yesterday.. on the lucky day u got urs..

used vaf10 form and fees was 17100..
Thanks abhijack. It took 9 working days including the application date. she applied on 19th morning and had got the stanped passport back to home on 29th afternoon.

Vikram

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Fri May 30, 2008 5:34 pm

hi hsmp_1476,
how much funds did you maintain for 3 months?
more than £2400 (£1600+£800) is it?

regds
hsmp_1476 wrote:
did u show 3 months funds in u or ur wife's account? If so pls.give us the details like, how much funds, is it a joint account or ur wife's individual account or ur individual account?

hi antouk,

Thanks for the wishes. I showed the necessary funds in my indian bank account. I had maintained the funds for 3 months. The account was in my name only. though my wife also gave her bank stmt (as she is working), i did not add that amout as my account had sufficient funds.

Vikram

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:47 am

Hi,

My bank balance varied between INR 2.8 lakh to 3.7 lakhs in the 3 months duration. 2.8 lakhs was there only for 10 days, in the beginning of first month. After that, it was consistently above 3.2 lakhs.

Vikram
meer_iet wrote:hi hsmp_1476,
how much funds did you maintain for 3 months?
more than £2400 (£1600+£800) is it?

regds
hsmp_1476 wrote:

hi antouk,

Vikram

chandark
Newly Registered

Post by chandark » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Vikram,

Can you please share the covering letter and sponsorship letter format that you have used to apply for your dependents visa?

Thanks & Regards
Chandar

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:15 am

hello vikram,

Did ur wife attached photocopies of aaaalll the documents while applying for hsmp dependant visa...if so, can you let me knw how many copies she kept...

Thank you

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:32 am

kck9 wrote:hello vikram,

Did ur wife attached photocopies of aaaalll the documents while applying for hsmp dependant visa...if so, can you let me knw how many copies she kept...

Thank you
Some docs were original. Such as marriage certificate, her salary slip, bank statement, my bank statement, Saral form of both.

Other documents were xerox copies - such as tenancy agreement, HSMP approval letter, passport, utility bills etc. She had attached just one copy of it. You will need a copy of the applicants passport if you are availing the courier service.

Thanks,
Vikram

schering
Newly Registered

hsmp dependent visa

Post by schering » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:39 am

hi vikram,
i am on hsmp which i have got on 10th jan 2008, which form i should use for dependent visa for my wife, and
i dont understand y they need hsmp approval letter
and can you please give me ur phone number i would call you and clarify some details

many thanks
s

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:06 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:
kck9 wrote:hello vikram,

Thank you
Some docs were original. Such as marriage certificate, her salary slip, bank statement, my bank statement, Saral form of both.

Other documents were xerox copies - such as tenancy agreement, HSMP approval letter, passport, utility bills etc. She had attached just one copy of it. You will need a copy of the applicants passport if you are availing the courier service.

Thanks,
Vikram
ooh, ok..so v dont need to take the copies of all the documents including the one master copy set...i was told something different...thats y am asking...anyway..thats not a problem vikram..cheers.
Thank you

abhijack

hurray..

Post by abhijack » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:52 pm

my wife got hsmp dependant visa on second attempt..
so now we r gonna withdraw the appeal for the first application..

Applied: 29th May 08
Recieved: 09th June 08.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions..
Special thanks to Vikram.. Cheers mate..

abhijack

Re: hsmp dependent visa

Post by abhijack » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:55 pm

schering wrote:hi vikram,
i am on hsmp which i have got on 10th jan 2008, which form i should use for dependent visa for my wife, and
i dont understand y they need hsmp approval letter
and can you please give me ur phone number i would call you and clarify some details

many thanks
s
You should use VAF10 form.
The fees will be 17000 INR.
They need approval letter probably because the residence permit in ur passport doesnt mention the word HSMP.. whateva they say they need it so no choice unfortunately.

hope this helps..

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:57 pm

kck9 wrote:
hsmp_1476 wrote:
kck9 wrote:
ooh, ok..so v dont need to take the copies of all the documents including the one master copy set...i was told something different...thats y am asking...anyway..thats not a problem vikram..cheers.
Thank you
i suggest u take the copies with u just incase..
when we applied first time in april, they asked us to go out and take photocopies, though they hadnt mentioned it in the email.

so we took photocopies this time when we applied recently and they didnt need it.

so i think its bit temparamental and best and safe option is to keep a set of xerox copies with you..

uiqbal

Post by uiqbal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:53 am

Can somebody provide the covering letter and sponsorship letter format?
My email address is guideveloper@gmail.com

I would be really thankful.

Regards,
uiqbal

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:48 am

abhijack wrote:
kck9 wrote:
hsmp_1476 wrote:
kck9 wrote:
Thank you
i suggest u take the copies with u just incase..
when we applied first time in april, they asked us to go out and take photocopies, though they hadnt mentioned it in the email.

so we took photocopies this time when we applied recently and they didnt need it.

so i think its bit temparamental and best and safe option is to keep a set of xerox copies with you..
yeaah...i thnk thats the safest option...especially if things are working on the appointment basis and if we are missing the appointment just to make the photocopies, we will be in trouble

hsmphyd
Newly Registered

Dependant cover letter

Post by hsmphyd » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi Vikram,

Congrats on getting your dependant visa.

I applied for my entry clearance at VFS hyderabad on 5th May along with my wife and child. I got my EC approved for 3 years and the BHC refused the Visa for my wife and child.

In the refusal letter, they stated that the reason for refusal is the funds not maintained for 3 months or longer. Now i completed the 3 months funds requirement and would like to reapply for my spouse and child.

Could you please send me the spouse cover letter that you submitted along with ur application? I had taken appointment on 19th i.e next thursday.

my email id is asrinivasreddy@gmail.com. please share your gmail id and send the cover letter to my gmail id.

I think you understand my situation, please do the needful.

Regards,

Srini

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant cover letter

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Please use PM to share perosnal information - this will be for your own good (unless spams and blank calls do not bother you).

regards
hsmphyd wrote: my email id is asrinivasreddy@gmail.com. please share your gmail id and send the cover letter to my gmail id.
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmphyd
Newly Registered

OK

Post by hsmphyd » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Sush,

That's ok. I dont mind. could you please send me a dependant cover letter if you have any

Regards,

Srini

garryviki
Newly Registered

HELP NEEDED

Post by garryviki » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Applicants are therefore advised to submit their visa applications in good time but no more than 3 months in advance of their intended date of travel.
I read it on VFS website.. so was a bit puzzled ....

Do we have to follow it when applying for dependant HSMP visa as well. As all my documents r ready to file visa application of my wife but she is planning to fly in Nov2008.,So it means that she cant apply before Aug2008?

iF I APPLY FOR HER VISA RITE NOW, will it effect my wife visa when i apply for my PR in march 2011 i am under the old rule 1+4 and already have my extention.... as they will start counting the time from the date they have issued the dependant HSMP visa to my wife ?

ALSO WHEN DO THEY START ILR count from the day SHE arrive in UK OR from the day a HSMP DEPENDANT visa is issued ?

PLEASE HELP..!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: HELP NEEDED

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Please read this and refrain from duplicate posts.

The answers to your queries have already been provided in the thread you started (linked above) and you will find weblinks to appropriate sections of UKBA website there - so that you can see for yourself what the rules say.

regards
garryviki wrote:Applicants are therefore advised to submit their visa applications in good time but no more than 3 months in advance of their intended date of travel.
I read it on VFS website.. so was a bit puzzled ....

Do we have to follow it when applying for dependant HSMP visa as well. As all my documents r ready to file visa application of my wife but she is planning to fly in Nov2008.,So it means that she cant apply before Aug2008?

iF I APPLY FOR HER VISA RITE NOW, will it effect my wife visa when i apply for my PR in march 2011 i am under the old rule 1+4 and already have my extention.... as they will start counting the time from the date they have issued the dependant HSMP visa to my wife ?

ALSO WHEN DO THEY START ILR count from the day SHE arrive in UK OR from the day a HSMP DEPENDANT visa is issued ?

PLEASE HELP..!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

garryviki
Newly Registered

Post by garryviki » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:28 am

Now i agree that you say is correct but my Brother went to VFS for the same and they told him completly opposit to what you have told me!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 am

garryviki wrote:Now i agree that you say is correct but my Brother went to VFS for the same and they told him completly opposit to what you have told me!
Don't need to agree with me. Agree with the rules. :lol:

It is always good to make an effort and check the official websites for information. No offence, but was indeed suprised that you weren't even aware of the ILR count, having been in UK for some time now. :? .

Anyhow, hope your wife joins you soon. Good luck.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!