ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DEPENDENT - TIER2 DEPENDENT settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiran_guru
Newly Registered

ILR DEPENDENT - TIER2 DEPENDENT settlement

Post by kiran_guru » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi,
I entered the UK in Feb 2012 as ICT Tier 2 visa holder and my husband moved to Tier 2 general Visa in Feb 2014. I then moved to Tier 2 General dependent visa in Aug 2014.
My husband is eligible for ILR in feb 2019. Given i have also been resident in the country for over 5 years can i apply for ILR with him ? or SHould i wait till Aug 2019 to apply for ILR as his dependent ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR DEPENDENT - TIER2 DEPENDENT settlement

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm

can i apply for ILR with him ?
No you cannot as you don't have 5 years on dependent visa. Tier 2 ICT doesn't lead to ILR anyway.
SHould i wait till Aug 2019 to apply for ILR as his dependent ?
You apply for ILR on form Set(O). You are not applying for ILR dependent (this is a completely separate 2.5 year visa).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiran_guru
Newly Registered

Re: ILR DEPENDENT - TIER2 DEPENDENT settlement

Post by kiran_guru » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Thank you