ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR

Post by Kfr1432 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:53 am

Hi can anyone help please in Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR. Where I can find last biomatric date as I'm unable to find anywhere. I think I paid cash so unable to find in statements as well.

Is it OK just to mention month and year in that section?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:56 am

That question is not that important. Write a date as you remember it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Filling Set O form

Post by Kfr1432 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:13 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 pm
Username56 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:47 pm
Hi Respected Members & Gurus!

Hope you are all doing good. I am about to submit my application for ILR based on the completion of 5 years on T1 Entrepreneur Visa. I just need few clarifications while filling up the form to make sure there are no mistakes. Also I am putting here the list of documents I will be sending to UKVI along with my application.

COVER LETTER FOR THE APPLICATION

Folder 1 - PERSONAL FOLDER OK
1. SET (O) Form.
2. Life in the UK Test Certificate.
3. Pictures with details on the back.
4. Passport & BRP Card.

Folder 2 - EMPLOYEE FOLDER
1. FPS & RTI submission. Ok
2. Employee's Payslips & Status confirmation docs like passports & BRP (Indefinite leave to remain). OK
3. Accountant letter confirming the creation of 2 full time jobs. Optional unless you have joined/taken over the business
4. Shall I send the payslips for all employees or just the ones on the basis of which I am claiming? :idea: Your choice. Having some extra is always good in case there is some inadvertent error

Folder 3 - BUSINESS FOLDER
1. Accounts for the last year Not a required document
2. Letter from the accountant confirming the investment in the form of Director Loan. Not a required document
3. Business Bank Statements - 90 days & letter from Bank confirming the status of business account.
4. Companies House Report
5. Company Insurance Docs. Not a required document
Tax document is a mandatory one

I am under the transitional arrangement - I have more than 2 employees working for me, so the job creation details I will enter in the form will be for the date I have hired the employee or just the period I am claiming the employment for (which is after receiving my extension visa) (Reason I am asking this is I hired 1 employee while my extension application was with UKVI & the other employee was initially working PT but then became full time in the same role). Start date is start date, not your extension date

1 FT employee since NOV 2016
1 FT employee since Mar 2018

received my visa in May 2017 so starting from June 17, 1 FT job is for 17 months till Oct 18 and still continuing . The other employee was hired as PT in Dec 17 but started FT from March 18, so 1 FT job till Oct 18 is for 8 months. (this is also continue).

This makes a total of 24 months of employment. OK

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Also I am sending my wife's visa for renewal & for that I have filled Tier 1 PBS Dependent form.
What documents do I need to send along with this form? Maintenance funds

Also shall I post these both forms (i.e SET O for me & Tier 1 PBS Dependent form) together in 1 same package? Yes

SET O Form Queries:

Do I need to fill section 5? Yes, but it is not a critical one for T1E

YOUR HOME & FINANCES

If yes, do I need to mention both mine and my wife's wages as they ask about Rent & If you are working in the UK and then also about the wages? Yes

Section 10 - BRP

10.13 - Date your fingerprints were taken?
I am unable to remember the exact date when I gave my fingerprints. (What can I do about it)
Shall I just put in the full address of the post office where I gave my fingerprints? (Will this be okay)?
Do the best estimate. I found my credit card statement to get the date. But again, this is not critical

Bundle of thanks in advance!
Hi marcnath,
Can you please help with your bright knowledge.
I am applying ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 year rule. Can you please advise if 90 days busines bank statement is mandatory or optional?

My understanding is as long as you attach letter from bank confirming business account we don't need to attach bank statement.

Moreover I've got my son born in UK currently on dependent visa. Do I need to apply my son ILR along with me or he is exempt under immigration act 1981. Furthermore do I need to apply my Mrs visa through online service along with my application or do I need to send print and fill paper application for dependent and send along with supporting documents.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Please do not tag your questions to other people's posts
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Kfr1432 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:13 am

I am applying ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 year rule. Can you please advise if 90 days busines bank statement is mandatory or optional?
There is no requirement for 90 day statement as ILR applications don't need to show maintenance.
Kfr1432 wrote:

My understanding is as long as you attach letter from bank confirming business account we don't need to attach bank statement.
Correct
Kfr1432 wrote:

Moreover I've got my son born in UK currently on dependent visa. Do I need to apply my son ILR along with me or he is exempt under immigration act 1981.
If you plan to register him for British citizenship, he does not need ILR.
However, note that he will be an overstayer once his current visa expires. However, it will not affect his British Citizenship registration and has little practical impact.
Kfr1432 wrote:
Furthermore do I need to apply my Mrs visa through online service along with my application or do I need to send print and fill paper application for dependent and send along with supporting documents.
You can do either. But it makes sense to do it with yours as the decision will anyway only be made together
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kfr1432 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Kfr1432 wrote:

There is no requirement for 90 day statement as ILR applications don't need to show maintenance.
Kfr1432 wrote:

Correct
Kfr1432 wrote:

Moreover I've got my son born in UK currently on dependent visa. Do I need to apply my son ILR along with me or he is exempt under immigration act 1981.
However, note that he will be an overstayer once his current visa expires. However, it will not affect his British Citizenship registration and has little practical impact.
Kfr1432 wrote:
Furthermore do I need to apply my Mrs visa through online service along with my application or do I need to send print and fill paper application for dependent and send along with supporting documents.
You can do either. But it makes sense to do it with yours as the decision will anyway only be made together
Many thanks for your quick and helpful response.

By saying business bank statement, I mean limited company statements for 90 days not the maintenance once. Do you think it is mandatory or optional. I am bit scaptical about it please advise.

Moreover can you please care your covering letter please.

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kfr1432 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Kfr1432 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm
marcnath wrote:
Kfr1432 wrote:

Kfr1432 wrote:

Correct
Kfr1432 wrote:

Kfr1432 wrote:

By saying business bank statement, I mean limited company statements for 90 days not the maintenance once. Do you think it is mandatory or optional. I am bit scaptical about it please advise.

Moreover can you please share your covering letter please.
You've said if I am not applying ILR for my son along with me then it will have a little practical impact. Can you please explain what sort of practical impact this will have?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Kfr1432 wrote:
marcnath wrote:
Kfr1432 wrote:

Kfr1432 wrote:

Correct
Kfr1432 wrote:

Kfr1432 wrote:

Moreover can you please care your covering letter please.
The business bank statement is mandatory according to the guidance to claim points for business activity where you have to prove your company has a UK bank account. BUT there is NO requirement for 90 days of business bank statements or requirement for the latest one. You have to send atleast one month only OR a letter from the bank will qualify too.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:15 am

Kfr1432 wrote:

You need a business bank statement or a letter from the bank. No need for 90 days business bank statement.
Kfr1432 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:17 pm

You've said if I am not applying ILR for my son along with me then it will have a little practical impact. Can you please explain what sort of practical impact this will have?
You will probably get a letter from HO saying your son is an overstayer. As per the NHS rules, he would have to pay for NHS but I haven't heard of anyone being charged as yet. If you wanted to create a bank account for him to save, you cannot. And so on. None that I can think has a practical problem.

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kfr1432 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks for your precious response.

I have completed online application for me and my Mrs. Now I have to book Sopra appointment for biomatric. Do we have to do it within 14 days of the application and how do we submit our documents. Does Sopra scan and return the document during biomatric appointment or do we have to post UKVA.

Can you please explain the procedure.

Moreover I have included utility bills and NHS Letters for me and my Mrs for last 2 years within Cohabitation file. Do you think that should be fine.

Please share your covering letter if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Kfr1432 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:49 pm
Thanks for your precious response.

I have completed online application for me and my Mrs. Now I have to book Sopra appointment for biomatric. Do we have to do it within 14 days of the application and how do we submit our documents. Does Sopra scan and return the document during biomatric appointment or do we have to post UKVA.

Can you please explain the procedure.

Moreover I have included utility bills and NHS Letters for me and my Mrs for last 2 years within Cohabitation file. Do you think that should be fine.

Please share your covering letter if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.
It is a new system, so you may have to actually try out the system to know exactly what you need to do. It will tell you whether you need to book within 14 days. Yes, Sopra is supposed to scan and return the documents in most cases. If they need you to post it, they will let you know as part of the application process.

Yes, that should be fine for cohabitation.

You can find my sample here.

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kfr1432 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm

There is a premium for ducument check and scan for £35. If I take this service do I hae to book for my Mrs sapartly and pay another £35 al together £70. Or do I just need to pay £35 for both of us.

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kfr1432 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:50 pm

Moreover, I'm am a contractor and my agency asking me for case ID to run ECS (Employer Checking service) do you think I should let them do this or should I do it myself and provide them the HO letter confirming I'm still eligible to work under my current status while my visa application in process.

Please advise

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Kfr1432 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm
There is a premium for ducument check and scan for £35. If I take this service do I hae to book for my Mrs sapartly and pay another £35 al together £70. Or do I just need to pay £35 for both of us.

Seriously, why don't you just go through the process and find out ? Are you going to do something different if you need to pay £70 instead of £35 ? I am sure they are not just going to deduct the money until you finally confirm anyway. Once you do, you can share the information for other people's benefit.
Kfr1432 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:50 pm
Moreover, I'm am a contractor and my agency asking me for case ID to run ECS (Employer Checking service) do you think I should let them do this or should I do it myself and provide them the HO letter confirming I'm still eligible to work under my current status while my visa application in process.
How are you doing a contract work that needs ECS under T1E visa ? Are you sure you are not in violation of your visa terms /

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kfr1432 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks. I've booked the normal appointment in which Sopra will do the biomatric and scanning of the documents. Not to bother for the premium service.

ECS is only to confirm my clients my eligibility to continue with the business activities. There are few clients who can ask this before commencing any business.

Furthermore did you attach any HMRC letter ie CT41G or any other. I can't see this in your list of docs within your cover letter.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:51 pm

Kfr1432 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:29 pm
Thanks. I've booked the normal appointment in which Sopra will do the biomatric and scanning of the documents. Not to bother for the premium service.

ECS is only to confirm my clients my eligibility to continue with the business activities. There are few clients who can ask this before commencing any business.

Furthermore did you attach any HMRC letter ie CT41G or any other. I can't see this in your list of docs within your cover letter.

Thanks
HMRC documentation is necessary to prove your company is registered for corporation tax. The guidelines keep on changing so as per the new guidelines it is required.

Also, please do update us about your experience. It will help us all who are due ILR soon via Tier 1.

Can you please confirm once you submitted and paid online were you able to get an appointment quickly?

Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Kfr1432 wrote:

Thanks
Ok about the ECS check.

The requirement for HMRC letter and Business Bank statement for showing business activity is a new one.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:02 pm

Please can you also confirm at what stage you have to pay IHS surcharge?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:02 am

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:02 pm

Thanks
You do NOT pay the IHS if you are applying for ILR :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Kfr1432
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kfr1432 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:34 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 pm
Kfr1432 wrote:

Thanks
Ok about the ECS check.

The requirement for HMRC letter and Business Bank statement for showing business activity is a new one.
I'm attaching HMRC letter but to cover the business bank statements am attaching bank letter confirming business account of my limited company. Do you think that would cover the requirement?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:48 am

Kfr1432 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:34 am
marcnath wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 pm
Kfr1432 wrote:

Thanks
Ok about the ECS check.

I'm attaching HMRC letter but to cover the business bank statements am attaching bank letter confirming business account of my limited company. Do you think that would cover the requirement?
Yes, it would

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:02 am
tier11417 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:02 pm

Thanks
You do NOT pay the IHS if you are applying for ILR :!:

Thanks Zimba