ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for AN Naturalisation online and evidence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Application for AN Naturalisation online and evidence

Post by NeenaGak » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:31 am

Ok I hope I can get some assistance here.
My husband is applying for British citizenship (AN application) online. We are still completing the form. It should be done soon as I think his is a straight forward case. (Fingers crossed)

1.) We are struggling to get an appointment for NDRS and our local council will stop providing this service end of this month. No available appintments and chances are there wont be one available for us as they are fully booked. So does that mean we no longer have the option of getting our documents back same time as applying?

2.) We still want to do the online application but if there's no appts for NDRS then can we send his documents off ourselves? If yes please give some details as to how do this and how long does it take for the documents to be returned back to us?

3.) He did his biometrics back in 2017 for ILR application does he need to repeat this for Nationality application?

4.) The only available appointment offered to him was paper application checking service which he doesn't want to do due to already starting an online one. Also I've heard paper takes longer. I feel online will be alot easier as there isn't anything complicated about his case. I want to just get the application done on our own if there's no NDRS appt available. Can you please let me know if other people have successfully done this before? If yes please give us any tips to make the process easier as I feel so nervous atm. I basically want to know how easy is it to apply online yourself? Do you think it's ok to send off the application without getting it checked by council.

Sorry for sounding lost but I really hope to get some advice so we can finally get this application done and sent. Thank you in advance for your guidance and support.

Neena

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application for AN Naturalisation online and evidence

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 am

1. New service, link below with info.

announcements/new-uk-visa-and-citizensh ... 67051.html

2. You can apply by post however HO keeps originals until a decision is made. It could take a few weeks or a few months.

3. Yes he needs to do biometrics again.

4. No difference between online and paper forms. It depends entirely on the individual case.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 am

We have found the process an extreme headache to use the online portal and lack of appointments.
We are just sending original passports/ID and copies of everything else via postal route.

(This is for my German friend, Non EEA wife and two EU children all holding PR)

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 am
1. New service, link below with info.

announcements/new-uk-visa-and-citizensh ... 67051.html

2. You can apply by post however HO keeps originals until a decision is made. It could take a few weeks or a few months.

Another council near us have just said they might be able to get us in providing we have submitted and paid for the service online and call them back within next day or two and should be able to gst us in. I didn't realise you can use other councils. I thought you had to use your local one.

3. Yes he needs to do biometrics again.
Will he get information regarding biometrics at the end of the application? Also does that need to be submitted to the council on the day of appointment or does it go to the HO directly from the post office?

4. No difference between online and paper forms. It depends entirely on the individual case.

Can we do online application for NDRS but also submit a passport application at the same time?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Another council near us have just said they might be able to get us in providing we have submitted and paid for the service online and call them back within next day or two and should be able to gst us in. I didn't realise you can use other councils. I thought you had to use your local one.
You can use ANY council.
Will he get information regarding biometrics at the end of the application? Also does that need to be submitted to the council on the day of appointment or does it go to the HO directly from the post office?
You should be able to download the biometric letter at the end of the online process. You go to the Post Office to enroll your biometrics. The council has nothing to do with this.
Can we do online application for NDRS but also submit a passport application at the same time?
Yes, the paper passport form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:52 pm
You can use ANY council.
You should be able to download the biometric letter at the end of the online process. You go to the Post Office to enroll your biometrics. The council has nothing to do with this.
Yes, the paper passport form.
HI CR001. Thank you so much for your help so far. You seem very helpful.

We have managed to get an appointment secured for my husbands NDRS and JCAP application for Monday.

I am just going through the form now.

Q.) THE QUESTION ABOUT TRIPS OUTSIDE UK, IF APPLYING AS SPOUSE OF A BRITISH CITIZEN DO WE ONLY LIST THE LAST 3 YEARS TRIPS? AND NOT LIST ANY TRIP THAT IS LESS THAN 2 DAYS E.G IF WE LEFT THE COUNTRY ON A MONDAY AND CAME BACK ON A TUESDAY?

Q.) HOW DO WE LIST IT ON THE ENTRY IF HE LEFT THE UK ON THE 1ST TO COUNTRY A, THEN WENT FROM COUNTRY A TO COUNTRY B FROM 4TH TO 10TH THEN BACK TO THE UK FROM COUNTRY A ON THE 16TH?

I'VE LISTED IT THIS:

COUNTRY VISITED:
COUNTRY A departure date: 1st arrival date: 16th
COUNTRY B departure date : 4th arrival date: 10th

Is this correct at all?

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Anyone?? :?: :?: :?:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Fine re your second question about countries.

You should complete 5 years absence if you can, just in case. You state date of departure and date of arrival but you don't count these days in the absence total.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:41 pm

@CR001

Hi does he need to provide 5 years of absence even if he is applying as a spouse of BC?
The form asks only for 3 years if applying under this category?